kansasskydiver

My new ride :) Sexy C6

Out with the old, in with the new. I traded my 05 Coupe, Triple Black w/ 2,500 miles on it, for a Triple Black 08 Z-06 505 HP, 427 CID, 7.0 Litre. Scary fast! I will have to post the rest of the pics in another post.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Out with the old, in with the new. I traded my 05 Coupe, Triple Black w/ 2,500 miles, for a Triple Black 08 Z-06 505 HP, 427 CID, 7.0 Litre. Scary fast! I will have to post the rest of the pics in another post.
-Richard-

My Corvette chaser. Although you may thinbk that it's just a little old Dodge Dart with nice wheels & tires, I assure you it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Think you can just whip that Vette through the next corner & lose me? Think again! It's a white-knuckle, E-ticket ride.

And if that doesn't cut it, there's always the Barracuda. it has most of my suspension tricks under it, but wider tires.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

The 7.0 Litre 427 CID 505 HP Power Plant. Top Speed so far: 202 MPH at TMS. It will break traction "At Will" If the traction control is switched to "Competitive Mode" In September of this year, Chevrolet will release the all new ZR-1 7.7 Litre, 620 HP Corvette. The first one has already sold at Barret-Jackson in Scottsdale Arizona, the bidding opened at $900,000.00 it sold for a cool Million. Jay Leno also bought one, he wouldn't disclose the price, but when asked why he bought that car when he could afford any exotic in the world, he said "Why should i buy a foreign car, when i can buy 15 of these for one of those?"

The asking price for these new ZR-1's is supposed to be $150,000.00. As opposed to $75,000.00-$80,000.00 for the Z-06. GM is planning on making 25 ZR-1's a year for the next 4 years, they are already sold. Next design Vette is supposed to be Mid-Engined, i can't wait for that one.
-Richard-

The Corvette Z-06 is the fastest American Car on the road today, bar none. You'd never see anything but the Bow Tie getting smaller, and smaller as it drove straight away from you. I owned a 68 Road Runner way back when, it had a 440 magnum, with a Muncie 4 speed Rock Crusher in it, it was fast, but not "SCARY FAST" The Z-06 is "SCARY FAST" No white nuckles handling it either, it has HUD and a handling system to be envied by any American Automobile Manufacturer. The way your car was burning the tires down and traveling in a straight line told me right then and there, the torque doesn't even come close to the Z-06.

You've got a nice car, but your way out of your league.
-Richard-

DavidB,

That's a nice car! I love the old clasics too! I've got an old 1980 vette in addition to the c6. The old muscle car, open under hood, raw 427 is really another league of it's own. If you think about it, how many of my generation (I'm only 26) are going to be bidding on ford taurus at an auction in 30 years? lol there is just nothing compared to the 60's and 70's for cars.
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

If you think about it, how many of my generation (I'm only 26) are going to be bidding on ford taurus at an auction in 30 years? lol there is just nothing compared to the 60's and 70's for cars.

Apparently you haven't noticed the surprising number of 1990 Chevy Caprice Classics on the road today. There's always a market for the most unimaginable car long after the car should have been crushed and ground into something more useful.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The asking price was originally supposed to be 99k$, but I guess they saw that the "Blue Devil" (dubbed for the New Corvette ZR1) was worrth so much more. It's a beautiful car.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Not slamming MoPar at all. But if MoPar is going to outrun GM, Ford, Toyota or any other manufacturer, they best get after it. They can't even win a NasCar event, and haven't for a long, long time. I hate to say it, but Toyota seems to have the edge right now. Although the cars i speak of are in regards to NasCar, that's where the engineers get their ideas, and test their theories. Today, at this time, and moment $ for $ lb for lb, the Corvette has an advantage from hell. My wife's boss had a 2001 Dodge Viper, 12 cylinder, god knows how much HP, I ran him with my 2001 LS-1 350 CID X 350 HP, 385 lbs of torque and tore his ass up 3 races in a row. The Viper just didn't have the low RPM power it needed, plus it is too heavy. You may be right about MoPar, and i hope you are, i like MoPars, but right now, it just ain't happening. One more thing, no matter which year Vette you drive (If you drive one at all) EVERYBODY knows what it is. It is the greatest American Sports Car Icon in Automotive history.

I attached a pic of the "Last C-3" Collector's Edition Corvette. I bought this car from an older couple in San Jose, California. They had it advertised as having 22,000 miles on it, i didn't believe them, so i flew out there, looked at the car. I wrote them a check, and had the car transported to my shop. It was the first year for the pop up rear hatch glass (Collector's Edtion only, 6,759 made, there was no Vette made in 1983) and the reintroduction of fuel injection. This car doesn't get driven, it is a "Garage Queen."
-Richard-

They can't even win a NasCar event, and haven't for a long, long time.

WTF does that have to do with anything considering there is not 1 single part on a nascar car that has anything at all to do with so called "Manufacturer".
You do realized that the only difference between any of the nascar cars is the stickers dont you?:S

Back when it was true Stock Car racing, Mopar DOMINTED so thoroughly that nascar kept having to change the rules to try to give Ford and Chevy a chance.

Take a look at the 2008 Challenger. 100% pure American muscle car.

And the greatest American Sports Car Icon in Automotive history is the 1971 Hemi-Cuda and/or Challenger.

WTF does that have to do with anything considering there is not 1 single part on a nascar car that has anything at all to do with so called "Manufacturer".

You'd better do some research.

You do realized that the only difference between any of the nascar cars is the stickers dont you?

You ever driven one of these cars?

Back when it was true Stock Car racing, Mopar DOMINTED so thoroughly that nascar kept having to change the rules to try to give Ford and Chevy a chance.

Where were you when Jr. Johnson was outrunning Lee & Richard Petty with his Chevrolets?

Take a look at the 2008 Challenger. 100% pure American muscle car.

Ya Think? Since 1953 the Corvette has produced a car for every year except for 1983. That's LEGACY. No other car can lay claim to this. How many of these brand new 100% pure American muscle cars do you see on the road as opposed to the Corvettes??

And the greatest American Sports Car Icon in Automotive history is the 1971 Hemi-Cuda and/or Challenger.***

Really? Too bad they didn't keep producing them then, isn't it? Because if they were so popular, and selling like hot dogs, they would have never stopped making them, now would they have? ;)

I really hate things aren't going your way.
-Richard-

You ever driven one of these cars?

Nope. Ran Dirt Track Enduro Cars Back right after High School. After being raised around Drag Racing my entire life, I quickly discovered that Roundy Round Racers and Fans are a Totally different class of people that I just didnt want to be around. Had to keep everything under lock and key to keep the others drivers from either stealing it or sabotaging it, Constant fights in the pits between drivers and crews. Wasn’t my cup of tea.

Currently have a 71 340 Duster Bracket Car and a 66 Belvedere Street/Strip. My daughter started racing Jr. Dragsters at 8 years old and was number 6 in the nation when she was 12 years old. Now that she turned 16, We are getting the Belvedere ready for her to go into Sportsmen Class Bracket Racing.

Really? Too bad they didn't keep producing them then, isn't it?

Yes it is. But by 1974 with the first Gas crisis and changing emission laws, A pure Muscle car was no longer reasonable for them to keep producing.

Now take ANY of your production Corvettes and you could buy 10 of them for what a 1971 Hemi-Cuda or Challenger goes for today.

Nothing wrong with a Vette at all. Good Cars but a Vette will NEVER come close to good E-Body Mopar in my eyes.

2001 Dodge Viper, 12 cylinder, god knows how much HP

Don't know much about all the muscle cars of old and what not, but I'm pretty sure that there aren't any Vipers out there with 12 cylinders, unless they have a totally different engine in them. 10 is the most I've ever seen in them.

I totally agree with you, the Corvette is THE American sports car, competes with all the big boys and that doesn't even take the much lower price into consideration. I'd love to have one....

How many of these brand new 100% pure American muscle cars do you see on the road as opposed to the Corvettes??

This is reason enough not to have one. But I guess if you like the bandwagon... Break out that NY Giants hat, put on your live strong bracelet, grab your Mr. Microphone and cruise.

There is no denying the stats but the love of the American muscle car is a purely subjective relationship. Personally I need something a little different, not just a car that anyone with a credit score over 700 can own.

I think the thing a lot of people dislike about the Vette is the idea that it is some how sexy, which is precisely why it is typically a mid life crisis car that is accompanied by a divorce and some hair plugs.

But it is a nice car and if it makes you happy congratulations, and wear your seatbelt. :)

Thank you. Those cars were built by stylists that knew what "proper proportion" is, plus they weren't restrained by such mundane things like ergonomics & crash worthiness. :)

Oh, & if I want to go fast in a more or less straight line, I'll break out my brother's old family truckster, 69 Coronet 500 wagon. It's got a mild 493 CID engine that makes an honest 550Hp & 590 TQ at the crank. Even though it handles MUCH better than stock, it still pushes until you hit the gas & then that heavy back end gets really happy (if you know what I mean :P). Still, it'll make you reaffirm your relationship with your deity of choice when you open the 4bbl, despite it's 4500 lb weight! :D

Few cars in the world command the price of a 71 Hemi Cuda convertable, or most real Hemi cars (the exception would be the 66-67 Chargers, for some reason).

Oh, & NASCAR is not comparable to a street car, & hasn't been since the later 60's/early 70's.

I like "different." That's why I got into the Mopars back in the late 70's. Today, with the ever escalating prices of cars & parts I'm seriously considering selling them off & buying a few Ramblers! :S

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Corvette chaser. Although you may thinbk that it's just a little old Dodge Dart with nice wheels & tires, I assure you it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Think you can just whip that Vette through the next corner & lose me? Think again! It's a white-knuckle, E-ticket ride.

And if that doesn't cut it, there's always the Barracuda. it has most of my suspension tricks under it, but wider tires.

Barracuda rock big time...B|