AKCrash

Gas Strike

You yanks should stop complaining. It costs me around $130 to fill up my '97 bmw 318i.

You could always try getting a car with a reasonably sized engine? I mean the hire car we got in Perris was a 3.5v6. It was slower than my 318.

What do you do with all the power? Not to mention the annoying automatics, no where had a manual to hire us.

Lazy americans lol.

My gas light came on as I was driving to work this AM... That was an expensive fill up! $11.49 :ph34r:

last time I filled up my bike it cost $18.50 for 4.5 gallons of 91 octane. [:/]

At 45 miles per gallon that's $.09 per mile. B|

Can you use 87 octane? I run it all day in mine. Yamaha FZ1.....per the owners manual.

Oh and while im on the topic, what is it with yanks and pick ups?

We had quite a laugh, trying to spot a pick up that actually had something in the back!

I was in Texas visiting my now-ex for the Christmas break. She told me I couldn't drive my little Nissan with her out to dinner. "Men in Texas don't drive cars," she said. "You need to get a truck." I'm glad I'm outta that one... :S

Well, I agree with a lot being said here. We need to use less gas! Why soccer moms feel they need a gigantic SUV to tot their tots around is a mystery to me. Why macho guys feel they need a big ass truck to substitute proper genitalia is a mystery to me. Gas is such an inelastic good that we see our weekly fillups of 30 gallons as an absolute necessity we can't go without... It's a mindset thing really IMHO.

I bought a bike and I ride it everyday and let my nissan sit. I intend on riding it everyday to work. can't wait. :)
=========Shaun ==========

$4.15 here in Coronado, CA. Glad I can buy gas on base instead ($3.79).

here in idaho gas used to be significantly cheaper on base too but the local gas stations bitched that they were being undercut and now the gas station on base can't go below cheapest gas station in town.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I was in Texas visiting my now-ex for the Christmas break. She told me I couldn't drive my little Nissan with her out to dinner. "Men in Texas don't drive cars," she said. "You need to get a truck."

What part of Texas? I don't know any Texas women who would say anything like that (myself included ;)).

We just bought a new pickup because we needed something that would pull our boat. We probably won't use the back of it very much until we get a camper shell put on it. I used to have a Ford Ranger with a camper shell, and I often used the back to carry stuff in.

I have received a text message from anonymous source saying that the nation is attempting a gas strike on Friday May 2nd.

Any ideas about that??

Ya know, I'm sure its been said... but this is the Bonfire, so I'll just pile on... anyway... a one day "gas strike" makes no &^%$* sense what-so-ever. Okay, so a bunch of ya-who's don't buy gas on May 2nd, so the &^%%$ what!!?? If we really wanted to effect a change... how about no one drives their car on May 2nd? Walk! Ride a Bike!! Stay Home!!! All anyone ever does during one of these silly gas strikes is fill up either the day before or after... DUH!!!

:D

I have received a text message from anonymous source saying that the nation is attempting a gas strike on Friday May 2nd.

Any ideas about that??

Move your job or home so there's less distance between the two and ride a bicycle there. Or find an arrangement that makes public transportation pratical.

When enough people do that gas prices will drop but it won't matter - I spend less than $50 a month with $4 gas and < 17 MPG.

Otherwise you're not going to change the demand and the price is going to continue increasing with real and perceived supply pressures.

You yanks should stop complaining. It costs me around $130 to fill up my '97 bmw 318i.

All of England isn't as big as a small state like North Carolina so you don't have far to drive. And with 50 million people in a country not even the size of a state you have enough population density to support public transportation so you do don't have to drive so much.

All of England isn't as big as a small state like North Carolina so you don't have far to drive. And with 50 million people in a country not even the size of a state you have enough population density to support public transportation so you do don't have to drive so much.

Don't forget that in the US we only pay about 10-15% in fuel taxes. How much of that fuel cost is tax in the UK? I'll bet it's around 50%!
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.