boinky

AT&T I-Phone vs. Sprint Instinct-Opinions Please?

Recently, I had an opportunity to play with an I-Pod Touch, which eventually prompted me to go and play with an I-Phone. I fell in love.

I currently have Sprint as a service provider, and am locked into them until November. Last week, I got their new HTC Touch, but am not happy with it at all. I am not necessarily unhappy with my Sprint service, so I'm not all about switching to AT&T.

I have heard that Sprint will be introducing a new phone in mid-June, called the "Instinct," which is supposed to be more 'I-phone'ish.'

I am hoping that some of you technical folks would take the time to browse through the information about the two phones and give me some insight/opinions before I take the Touch back and wait for the Instinct to arrive on the market.

Please? :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

My brother loves his iPhone, you will not be disappointed. I'd love to have one but my blackberry is more than sufficient.

Where you been, girl? Haven't seen you post on here in what a couple of months? :P:)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

the iphone is a great phone and you will most likley love it if you get it...im just saying to wait untill the new 3G version comes out and then you will have a much much faster data experience...

or if that sort of thing dosent interest you..wait for it anyway and then buy one of the old versions at a discounted rate...

either way..waiting this one out is beneficial
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

It's all my fault for lettering her play with my Ipod Touch and dragging her kicking and screaming into the world of data plans...

Pfff......you wish. *rolls eyes* I was the one with internet, picture mail and other various "newfangled" things on my phone. YOU,[/B] on the other hand, had a boring old phone that wouldn't do anything but call folks.

I think you followed me on this technology concept. :P

Besides, I wanted an I-phone before you brought that stupid I-pod touch home and taunted me with it. YOU were the one who insisted on trying to talk me out of one! >:(

Oh...and while I'm being an ass....you might want to spell check your post! >:(
Nina

No, but the "Instinct" might open it, though. ;)

If you loved me enough, you could always add me to YOUR AT&T plan! :)

And the only thing I want to tilt is my body position when you're home. >:(

Nina

I'm not a big fan of GSM, but AT&T's network is hands-down superior to Sprint's in terms of coverage. I'd wait for the 3G iPhone.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Not to sound too terribly unintelligent, but what is "GSM"?

Global System for Mobile communications - how cell phones in most of the world (and Cingular/ATT, stateside) communicate with cell towers.

Code Division Multiple Access is how Sprint and Verizon work.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And as long as I get internet and phone calls...do I care which system I have? :S

Depends - a Sprint or Verizon phone won't work in Europe to the best of my knowledge - there's no CDMA service in Europe so far as I know.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And as long as I get internet and phone calls...do I care which system I have? :S

I'm partial to Verizon, but they don't have a very effective iPhone competitor in their line-up.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It depends on the coverage in your area. One company may have very weak or no coverage while another will have adequate to excellent coverage.

You can research each company online. Most of them have a coverage map page so you can see if you're covered or not.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban