airtaxi

My Vacation skydiving in Florida

My Vacation trip driving to all the Skydiving drop zones in Florida.
First I want to say thank you to all the drop zones I had a good Vacation.

Drop Zones Visited 15

What I liked and disliked I rated in many different categories. Here are my top picks.

The first Place the Award is to Z-Hills as my Favorite Drop zone…..funny since it was a place I was not sure I wanted to go to in the beginning. I could not find anything wrong with this drop zone.

A very close second place Award is to Sebastian a very impressive view from the Air while skydiving. This drop zone has every thing you need

Third Place Award is to Deland not as friendly but very professional operated drop zone. what I disliked most was the bathrooms very dirty and the showers had very little water pressure. Everything else is very good

Forth place went to Palatka a fun drop zone but no camping or showers

Items lost on my trip watch, 1- Chin strap from my helmet.
2- sun glasses. 1- Alt, 7 tent stakes, 1 mini DVD tape with video of many drop zones I visited…over all not bad I since I went to so many places in Florida.

Thank to all of you who made my trip so much fun!
Sean

Ummm..unless skydive palatka move to another location, they have showers. Are you sure you were at palatka?
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

I was there I can prove it I have pictures
the Open Packing ares has a A frame roof
Red Block lettering two lines SKYDIVE on top line
PASLATKA on bottom line with a canopy swooping on the right side only did I asked abut camping and got no reply

So, you got no reply, therefore there was no camping. Maybe the tents and campers should have given you a clue. How did you come to the conclusion that there were no showers? Not only does Palatka have showers, but they are much nicer (and cleaner) than facilities you'ld normally find on a DZ. I'm glad you found the landing area though. They do have a landing area don't they?
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

I did hear that all campers had to be removed from the DZ. Campers are allowed on the weekends but they can't be left there anymore.
Truth???

*** The city did say that all the "permanent" campers had to be removed. I believe campers are allowed for 3 days at a time now. They just don't want a ghetto I suppose, but come out and camp all you want. As a matter of fact, people are often allowed to crash inside as long as a staff member is there.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver