wadebaird

Experiences with FliteSuit / Jacket / pants?

I am looking at getting a new free fly suit and was leaning towards getting pants / jacket rather than a one piece suit.

Has anyone had any experiences with this type of setup? I am especially interested in knowing how well the jacket stays tucked in when head up flying, head down flying, transitions, etc.

I know when I just jump in shorts I have problems with my shirt coming out when head up.

Thoughts?

Thanks alot.

I have the two-piece bomber freefly suit. I've yet to have it come untucked in freefall... though that's only about 20 sitfly jumps and some flips/cartwheels. No head-down experience.

I'll post pictures in a few minutes to show how it tucks in. I can't imagine it coming out.

I like it, but remember that I have zero experience with other suit designs or brands... I like it because it's what I have.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I have a two piece Multi Suit from Tony Suits. The jacket, even with the two snaps on the sides, never stayed down. They were very good about fixing it and modified it by adding 4 snaps but it is so difficult to remove that the entire purpose of the suit has been negated. I now have a very expensive pair of freefly pants and a pristine jacket somewhere in a closet back home.

I know several men who have the Multi Suit and they swear by them. Maybe it just doesn't work on the female anatomy or on me in particular.

It has about 4-6 inches of tight [waist 1] spandex that keeps it below the belt quite well. Sorry about the classy boxers, I didn't feel like changing. Everything else is pretty self explanatory. The rubber band on the belt was my doing, not because of a flaw in the design as much as a good idea gone bad.

Hope this helps.

I was trying to get around the hassle of a one piece suit :)
My deal is that I think it is a pain to take off my freefly suit after every jump, especially at boogies and when busy doing tandem vids. However I also hate having that extra material tied around my waist, especially when it is hot.

That is why I was figuring the two piece would be the way to go, since I could easily take the jacket off and throw it on when needed. Plus if I ever wanted to start using a wing suit or anything for tandem vids, 4 way vids, etc I could just throw on a different jacket and use the same pants.

I will never order another suit from that company after the nightmare I had with them.

For every manufacturer out there, there's at least one someone who has a horror story about dealing with them and at least one someone else who won't buy from any other manufacturer...

For every manufacturer out there, there's at least one someone who has a horror story about dealing with them and at least one someone else who won't buy from any other manufacturer...

Very true. However, I know a few other people who had problems with this company. Also, I know of at least two gear stores who don't like to order from Flite suit due to past problems.

I would expect you to defend Flite Suit, since you work for them.

Well, removing the jacket is kind of a pain considering it requires partially removing the pants. Even with a two-piece suit I just unzip it and tie the upper part around my waist.

Very true.

One negative vote from you.

However, I know a few other people who had problems with this company. Also, I know of at least two gear stores who don't like to order from Flite suit due to past problems.

Sorry, doesn't count - hearsay. Unless YOU are a gear dealer and has had these experiences, don't post hearsay. Let whoever they may be post their opinions.