Bodyflight.Net

Do you believe in Ghosts/Spirits

colorful metaphors

and how is swearing at people who disagree with you or the use of the word "bullshit" in your context, a metaphor?

I didn't swear at anybody!

As for bullshit being a metaphor; I clearly wasn't using it to describe actual bovine feces. Yes, it's a metaphor. Check your Funk & Wagnall

HERE, I Googled it for ya.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It could be that only those with truly open minds are able to sense that which is beyond the realm of the five senses.

No.

Might want to look into the claims of the man who stated he could 'read' record grooves simply by looking at them... then look at Randi's attempt to disprove him.

Perceptive ability varies widely, why is it hard to imagine some can perceive what others cannot?

Keep telling yourself that and someday you just might convince that inner voice you are battling with.

More dimestore psychiatry.

If you think that the only people doing any convincing on this thread are sceptics then you are guilty of selective reading.

If you think the only vitriol, or most vitriol, in this thread is from sceptics then you are guilty of selective reading.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ghosts and spirits cannot exist unless there's some kind of energy that continues to exist beyond the death of the body.
This means that there is an afterlife, and, well, some people just don't want to go there.

True enough that I don’t want to go *there* [death] yet!

[Being pedantic in the morning ... partially to tease you & partially to illustrate a couple points]

No, “energy” after life does not imply concept of an “afterlife.”

There’s always some vibrational and rotational energy in the body’s molecules. IIRC, i.e., going back to group theory for the math geeks, there 3 vibrational modes to water. Bending & stretching becomes more complex in larger molecules, i.e., more lines on the IR spectra.

Until one reaches/extracts zero-point (-273 degree Celsius or 0 Kelvin), there will be vibrational energy in the body. Even interstellar region of space is warmer than that … not by a lot in some places.

Unless a body is *completely* immolated, there’s lots of potential energy too.

[/Monday morning pedanticism :D]

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghosts and spirits cannot exist unless there's some kind of energy that continues to exist beyond the death of the body.
This means that there is an afterlife, and, well, some people just don't want to go there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True enough that I don’t want to go *there* [death] yet!

Yea, I intentionally left that open for interpretation, just because it's in Bonfire.

[/Monday morning pedanticism ]

Shouldn't that read, "24/7?" Straighten me out on those quotation marks. Does the question mark go inside or outside?
BTW, I like your style, but being borderline ADD, I usually just glass over.

That's a lie!
You swore at people!
You used an expletive, vulgarity & obscene profanity in a public forum BECAUSE you disagreed with them.

You could've choosen other words, but you didn't. I'm ashamed FOR YOU of your behavior, even if your not, and now your denial of such action equates to a lie.

DZ.com RULE:

We expect that you'll show respect and sensitivity to the beliefs and views of all users regardless...

it goes on to say regardless of where they live.

BTW a dictionary:
bull·shit
interjection Slang: Vulgar.
–noun 1. nonsense, lies, or exaggeration.
–verb (used with object) 2. to lie or exaggerate to.
–verb (used without object) 3. to speak lies or nonsense.
–interjection

and the good old encyclopedia:

As it contains the word "shit", the term is sometimes considered foul language, hence the use of the euphemistic abbreviations "bull" and "BS". Nonetheless, the term is prevalent in American English and, as with many words, the term is used in a variety of countries, some dating back to approximately the same era World War I. In British English, bollocks is a comparable expletive, although bullshit is now a commonly used expletive in British English also.

and on the usage of the the word bullshit:
The word "bullshit" is most often applied adjectivally to deprecate a statement or an action. Bullshit (as a culturally based activity) commonly occurs in situations where truth and accuracy are far less important than the ability to achieve a suitable response in the audience, often needed in politics, religion or advertising).. In many cases, such a response helps to gain popularity or favor.

OK, now we need a new forum for Ghost debates that get waaaay out of hand.

Spectres Corner?

Spookers Corner?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks! - it's Monday & I needed a good laugh.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

before something can be disproven, it has to be proven. saying that your friends friend saw a ghost in his backyard doesn't prove anything.

i can't say for certain that i believe in ghosts, i have never had any first hand experience. in fact, i would really appreciate some sort of paranormal experience. but most likely, this would never happen to me, as i would be able to attribute it to some external source. that is unless it were a true paranormal experience. in this case, i would neglect trying to convince people of the existence of ghosts, and do more personal research into the topic, for personal gratification. as skydivers, im sure you all understand the importance of meaningful personal gratification.

ralph's friend,
_martin klaudiosz

http://myspace.com/ohmartini
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

That's a lie!
You swore at people!
You used an expletive, vulgarity & obscene profanity in a public forum BECAUSE you disagreed with them.

You could've choosen other words, but you didn't. I'm ashamed FOR YOU of your behavior, even if your not, and now your denial of such action equates to a lie.

DZ.com RULE:

We expect that you'll show respect and sensitivity to the beliefs and views of all users regardless...

it goes on to say regardless of where they live.

BTW a dictionary:
bull·shit
interjection Slang: Vulgar.
–noun 1. nonsense, lies, or exaggeration.
–verb (used with object) 2. to lie or exaggerate to.
–verb (used without object) 3. to speak lies or nonsense.
–interjection

and the good old encyclopedia:

As it contains the word "shit", the term is sometimes considered foul language, hence the use of the euphemistic abbreviations "bull" and "BS". Nonetheless, the term is prevalent in American English and, as with many words, the term is used in a variety of countries, some dating back to approximately the same era World War I. In British English, bollocks is a comparable expletive, although bullshit is now a commonly used expletive in British English also.

and on the usage of the the word bullshit:
The word "bullshit" is most often applied adjectivally to deprecate a statement or an action. Bullshit (as a culturally based activity) commonly occurs in situations where truth and accuracy are far less important than the ability to achieve a suitable response in the audience, often needed in politics, religion or advertising).. In many cases, such a response helps to gain popularity or favor.

I don't agree with all that ...but I appreciate your patience and look forward to additional learning experiences in the future. ;)
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".