guppie01

Crock Pot Day

Once a month our office staff get together and have a crockpot day. It's actually a really cool team building excercise.

Well, today is the day, and DEAR LORD the office smells sooooo good! I'm sitting at my desk drooling - I want to eat it NOW.

Do any of you have anything similar?

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

My office has something very similar.

Its called "Range Day." Its when we're able to go to the range for free and shoot free ammo. It smells GREAT. Its once a month, too, so all in all its very similar.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I thought the title was Crack Pot day, then when I read through your post quick I was like what kind of office does she work in again??:o:D

Ohhhhh crock pot, duh.

Nope, nothing like that here. At my old office we did a thing like that about twice a year and it was always hard to not be like ummm isn't it lunch time now? How bout now? Now? :ph34r:

Skymama's #2 stalker -

ooooh, and starting May 30th we get summer hours so I can join you for Beer day!!!
:)
g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Well, of course we do! Except we do it every Friday afternoon, and it's called beer day! LOL. :)B| Starting about 3:30 we crack beers all afternoon. Wonder why Friday is the only day I work late... :$

:ph34r:

We have something very similar, it's called self employment.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Some recipes can be complex - some sooooo simple. Today I made Cherry Cobbler

2 cans of cherry pie filling
1 box of cake mix
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup pecans

You can't beat that!!! Very easy, and it's rare that people turn down dessert :D

edited for Sean... :)
g

OMG, is she okay?

Do you work at Microsoft?

Nope, B| but I do work for a small software company. There's only four of us in the office here, and our call volume is almost non-existant on Friday afternoon, so we get to play a bit. :$ Plus, it's California, so it's almost required. LOL.

So, you just dump all that in there? How long does it cook? I've made a lot of dinners in a crock pot but never a dessert. I guess I just don't trust that it's going to firm up!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You need to get the White Bean Chili recipe from ChaosKitty!!!! She brought it to one of Lee's Memorials @ the Farm and it was FANTABULOUS!!!!:P

BTW, I've never worked in an office therefore haven't experienced a Crock Pot Day or other office events.

As you wish, my dear!

White Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker)

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2 lb) or 2-3 breasts
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cans (15.5 oz each) great northern beans, include the starchy liquid.
1 can (11 oz) white shoepeg corn, drained
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Remove excess fat from chicken. In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix onion, garlic, broth, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper sauce. Add chicken.

Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.

Remove chicken from slow cooker. Use 2 forks to shred chicken into pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker. Stir in beans, corn, lime juice and cilantro. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 15 to 20 minutes or until beans and corn are hot.

Put the Cherry pie filing in the bottom. Mix the cake mix, room temp butter, and pecans in a bowl. Pour on top of the cherries and cook on low 3-4 hours.

BTW, it was excellent!!! I am soooo STUFFED!

Time for a nap.

g
OMG, is she okay?

Some recipes can be complex - some sooooo simple. Today I made Cherry Cobbler

2 cans of cherry pie filling
1 box of cake mix
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup pecans

You can't beat that!!! Very easy, and it's rare that people turn down desert :D

g

I used to make a similar recipe, but I called it Dump Cake. And instead of two cans of cherry, I used one cherry and one pineapple. It's a great easy dessert for taking to potlucks, and it always seems to be a hit. :)
Now you're making me hungry, Gia! The half an avocado I had for lunch is starting to wear off. :|

That sounds good - I thought of mixing a different fruit with it, I'll have to try that next time.

I think I ate enough food for three people at lunch...

Cheese / Chicken enchilada
Cheesy hashbrown
Cream of chicken wings
Cajun chicken n bean soup
and
Cherry Cobbler

Killed my diet for the day, but I figure I'll work off at least some of it white water rafting this weekend. :ph34r:

g

OMG, is she okay?