sandi

Anyone get a stimulus check that wasn't the right amount?

My stimulus check was direct deposited this morning but it was less than I expected.

I got $300. I'm a student and my tax liability was very little so that is the correct amount I am eligible for. But I'm a single mom, claiming head of household with one child. I should have gotten $300 for her too.

I personally think the whole stimulus thing is one of the dumbest things the government has done in a long time. But if they are going to give out money, I'd like what I'm supposed to be eligible for.

Does anyone know why I wouldn't have gotten the $300 per child?

I dunno what happened, but I thought you should have gotten $900... $600 for you and $300 for your child? I may have to go back and review the rules. Even I'm not sure exactly how much I'm getting. I know my wife will get $600 as she works full-time and we'll get $300 for our kid, but since I'm on disability pay, I think I'll get $300. Some think $600.

Whatever, it's all on top of the refund I got last week so I can't complain.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

meh... mine didnt even go thru, and after about an hr on the phone with the rep, I found out that mine will be mailed b/c they dont have my bank account number on file. I even offered to fax them the statement from my bank showing where it was DD'd on 2/12!>:(>:( She said it couldnt be changed and that a paper check should be mailed out before June 6!!>:(>:( This is turning out to be a big cluster f***.>:(>:(

That is the case with anyone who used turbotax to file online but paid the fees through the tax return instead of paying them upfront.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

That is the case with anyone who used turbotax to file online but paid the fees through the tax return instead of paying them upfront.

I owed on my taxes and know I paid the filing fee through turbotax. So I won't get my check direct deposit today?? Where can I read on this, do you know?

Adding: I read that if you paid the fees "another way" rather than pulling out of the refund you should be ok. Since I didn't get a refund, I had to pay it another way. My CC is my check card so I don't know what that affects. My check is not in yet though.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

That could explain why mine hasn't gone through yet... because although I didn't use Turbo Tax I did use HR Block's Tax Cut software.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Maybe this will help.

http://www.irs.gov/...0,,id=179166,00.html

According to that I should have received an individual rebate of $300 and a child rebate of $300 for a total of $600 which was what I was expecting.

I actually used H&R Blocks free online service (Tax Free Cut). I did not have to pay a processing fee b/c I made under a certain amount. Is this why it is being done this way? I knew about Turbo Tax causing this to happen, but didn't the H&R Block program would do the same thing. :(

Call and find out why you're amount isn't what you were expecting.

However, they did not have to give us the money so at the same time, be happy that you got "extra."
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

And don’t forget to thank your Children for the loan (They are the ones that will have to repay this at some point);)

Democracy: It only works until the politicians figure out that they can BUY your vote with YOUR own money and/or the people start thinking they can VOTE themselves whatever they want.
:P:D:D

However, they did not have to give us the money so at the same time, be happy that you got "extra."

Oh, I am very happy to get any amount of extra cash.

Just not sure why I wouldn't get the $300 child rebate when I am eligible for it.

Mine however, is not really being used to stimulate the economy. I just got root canal a few weeks ago that I paid for with a credit card. So my stimulus money is just going toward paying off my dental work

And don’t forget to thank your Children and China for the loan (They are the ones that will have to repay this at some point);)

Democracy: It only works until the politicians figure out that they can BUY your vote with YOUR own money and/or the people start thinking they can VOTE themselves whatever they want.

fixed it for you. That's where the money came from.

The real beauty of the plan, of course, is that they can tax it again as income next year :ph34r:
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

The real beauty of the plan, of course, is that they can tax it again as income next year :ph34r:

They can not tax it.

You can check the status of your stimulus check online:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=181665,00.htm

It said that I have no qualifying children. I guess my 4 year old doesn't count.

Verify that your tax return has the correct number of exemptions. Is it possible that your child is also being claimed by his father?

They can not tax it.

And my state has plans to make the stimulus income exempt from state taxes next year. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And don’t forget to thank your Children and China for the loan (They are the ones that will have to repay this at some point);)

fixed it for you. That's where the money came from.

Yea, and the sad part is, most people will spend it on crap MADE in CHINA, so they win TWICE, and our economy isn't stimulated at all.

I added insulation to our house. Good old American Ground Up Newspapers, blown into the walls of my house. Good for the economy, the ecology, and my own personal selfish needs.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]