RkyMtnHigh

Things I missed about Colorado...

Now that I'm Back Home, I realize what I missed:

(btw, this list will continue as I rediscover things)

1. NOWHERE has Mexican Food like here in Colorado! I've been to all of my favorite Mexican restaurants in my short time back (La Cueva!, El Chapultapec!, Las Delicias, Las Hadas, and some other mom/pop places)...Nowhere else I've been has a clue what I mean when I ask that something is "Smothered with green chili"...mmmmm...so glad to be enjoying awesome green chili smothered on EVERYTHING! again..and the HOTTER! the BETTER!:P

2. Mountain Views. Magnificant! I took it for granted for 21 years but today I appreciate them more than EVER! I can't wait to finish my goal of hiking all of the 14ers in Colorado.

3. Friendly culture. OMG! people are sooo much more friendly here than the places I left here to be.

4. This one should be one of the top things I noticed, but TRAFFIC. :DI took camera phone pics at 8am, noon, and 5pm and LMAO!!!!! Colorado doesn't have a CLUE what "Traffic" is here. It bottlenecks in one small area around downtown for a MINUTE or TWO but loosens back up and it's smooth sailin' after that and back to highway speed.

4b. As my exhusband says..."here, you get the Colorado wave"..he's is so right about that.:)when you need to merge into traffic and you give the "thank you" wave...you just dont see that elsewhere.
5. ..and how can I forget to mention how awesome KBCO is!!!! Late night KBCO radio station is AWESOME!!!!

6. Boulder. That's all I need to say. Boulder is an experience in itself...I missed it too.:ph34r: You have to visit here to experience Boulder for yourself;)

7. My friends. I didn't realize how much they really did care for me and missed me. Reuniting with them has been an incredible experience.
7a. How could i forget ...skydiving with my friends. Yikes! sorry Bob, Phil, SteveZ, SteveA., MikeP, DJan,Skratch,Keith, Kevin, SuperDave,Jen,Jeff,Garrett,Brady,Pope,Nick, Dave, Courtney,Emily, Tessie, etc etc..

Sometimes you have to leave things to realize how much they meant to you. I'm ever so grateful to have the opportunity to come back here.

There's nothing like being reunited with your *roots*. Grow where you are planted and *bloom* to be all you can be!:)

Girl, I already told Kennedy that one of the few places I would drop everything to moved to would be Colorado.

My family vacations as a child were spent in the Rocky Mountain National Park and staying in Estes Park, CO.

I have some awesome fond memories of that place...Hopefully, we will get to visit you out there in the future...B|

~R+R:)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

We do the colorado wave here in CT, we just don't use as many fingers. :ph34r:

that's lost on me. I don't know what the CO wave is (i do get the sarcasm though ;))
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I know exactly what you mean! I couldnt wait to escape Florida when I was 18! Went to TX for 6 years and was almost sick with wanting to get back here, now I can't imagine living anywhere else! Glad your back home, glad your happy... if anyone deserves it, you do! ;)

Welcome back!:)
I see by the bluish color of your ass, you haven't yet adapted to the cooler temperatures here.
Hope to see it back to more of a pinkish tone soon.[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I was born and raised in CO, and then my dad was transferred to Texas. [:/] I love Texas, but it's NOTHING compared to my home...

I hope you have a lot of fun back there. :)

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I just moved to Colorado a month ago and I love it! You hit it right on with the mountain views and lack of traffic :)

Try driving down from any ski area to Denver at 4pm, then talk to me about the lack of traffic.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I just moved to Colorado a month ago and I love it! You hit it right on with the mountain views and lack of traffic :)

Try driving down from any ski area to Denver at 4pm, then talk to me about the lack of traffic.>:(

It was great before the ski areas saw the money in selling people over 21 inexpensive season passes and they legalized gamling adding those folks to the traffic on US 6.

Ah, those were the days. I remember driving the entire route between Boulder city limits and Copper or A-Basin going at least the speed limit appart from an ocassional slow down on the climb up to George Town.

We don't need more people and more traffic

But SOMEBODY's got to move here so they can fill up all the condos they're building downtown. I have no idea who they think are going to move into them all :S
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

But SOMEBODY's got to move here so they can fill up all the condos they're building downtown. I have no idea who they think are going to move into them all :S

Lets see... I live in one... And they seem to be popular as ever. And my building is 97% occupied and selling at a good price still. No foreclosures. I think the bigger problem is the homes in Highlands Ranch. No one wants to live there. :PB|:$:(:(

Lets see... I live in one... And they seem to be popular as ever. And my building is 97% occupied and selling at a good price still. No foreclosures. I think the bigger problem is the homes in Highlands Ranch. No one wants to live there. :PB|:$:(:(

Or Green Valley Ranch, or Erie, or Southlands, or any of the other multitude of sprawling megadevelopments miles from anywhere that have gone up in the last few years. I've got a project up in Green Valley Ranch and you'd be shocked at the number of forclosures up for sale there. I think with higher gas prices, people will be looking to move closer to the city centers (like the condos).

Or Green Valley Ranch, or Erie, or Southlands, or any of the other multitude of sprawling megadevelopments miles from anywhere that have gone up in the last few years. I've got a project up in Green Valley Ranch and you'd be shocked at the number of forclosures up for sale there. I think with higher gas prices, people will be looking to move closer to the city centers (like the condos).

this is kind of funny to me. Only because Atlanta has been there done that. The condos will sell, who knows how they fill all those spaces. People will buy the homes far off in the distance regardless of gas prices. Not everybody works in town or needs to leave the house to do work. Don't fight it, just find you a nice plot of land and buy it up cheap while you can.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

this is kind of funny to me. Only because Atlanta has been there done that. The condos will sell, who knows how they fill all those spaces. People will buy the homes far off in the distance regardless of gas prices. Not everybody works in town or needs to leave the house to do work. Don't fight it, just find you a nice plot of land and buy it up cheap while you can.

That's true. Atlanta and Birmingham metro areas consistently lead the southeast in average commute distance. People will value their quiet communities and won't mind the drive as much. They'll probably grumble about the gas prices more now though. Birmingham has converted several older buildings downtown into lofts and those have sold quickly. I'm not sure what the numbers are but the downtown lofts are pretty close to 100% occupied. They're talking about getting a grocery store back into the area.

As far as I'm concerned, I like where I live, nice quiet 2000 population town on the river far away from the big cities.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

As far as I'm concerned, I like where I live, nice quiet 2000 population town on the river far away from the big cities.

Anyone else wondering why Billy would care if it is quiet?:D

Anyone else wondering why Billy would care is it is quiet?:D

Hey, it's nice only having one house that's visible from mine and I have plenty of elbow room. I could go outside and yell myself hoarse and nobody'd hear me. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey, it's nice only having one house that's visible from mine and I have plenty of elbow room. I could go outside and yell myself hoarse and nobody'd hear me. :P

Ahhh....What you are really saying is that you can do your naked war dances outside wearing only war paint, and you don't have neighbors complaining.:D

Ahhh....What you are really saying is that you can do your naked war dances outside wearing only war paint, and you don't have neighbors complaining.:D

Certainly doesn't hurt! :D