woodpecker

scuba divers

Give me a minute to switch over some pics and I'll pm some to you. :)
Cool places to dive: being I'm in the UK right now the Red Sea is the best diving around....If you ever get a chance I highly recomend it.

SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

I was using an excel spreadsheet for a bit. Sometimes I like getting the stamp from the dive shop, though. Don't have most of my dives logged.

Red Sea IS some of the best diving out there. Dahab rocks and Ras Mohammed - just beautiful! Oman has some pretty incredible diving as well in the Dimaniyat Islands.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Cool places to dive: being I'm in the UK right now the Red Sea is the best diving around....If you ever get a chance I highly recomend it.

I'll have to put that on my travel board.

Currently, this place (Machu Picchu) is up for my dream board...no scuba diving, but I just HAVE to see that in person -add it to my 'bucket list'. ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I take it you have spent some time trapped in Dahab? ;)
Life is good

I am a PADI Dive Master and I know your pain. I HATE TO LOG DIVES. So I recomend that you buy a dive computer that can hook up to your home computer and then its real easy. My computer is a sherwood wisdom and it works like a champ. You kill 2 birds with one stone cause you no longer have to have those pesky dive charts.

Does anyone use dive charts, anymore? I know I've seen a couple of real old-timers that just didn't want to spend the money on a computer - the dive operators gave them a computer and forced them to wear it on their BCs. It's now a liability for divers to not have a computer at a resort - if there is a dive accident, the doctors and chambers all want to see the dive profile from your computer.

Of course, there's the DIR nazis - err, enthusiasts - that shun computers, but those guys are just weird :D

Take your logbook and computer to the bar with you at the end of the day. Switch logbooks with your buddy and fill in each other's - it's a fun game and you'll have good memories when you look at the logbook years later.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Does anyone use dive charts, anymore? .

I do
for single level dives and to instruct other on how to use them particularly for PRE dive planning.
Multi level dives and repetative multi dive days i rely on my Suunto
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I use my tables still, and Im not DIR , but only if I do single dives. This weekend if I had used the tables Id have been in mandatory deco and would have missed out on the night dives so a computer comes in handy. There are some value priced computers also. With my regs and computer I only spent 1200.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Does anyone use dive charts, anymore?

I do, of course i just finished my open water course so i don't have a computer yet.:D
Wanna buy one mine is for sale :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Find any rusted old Egyptian chariots down there? :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't use tables for non-decompression/recreational diving anymore since I wear two computers. However, for every single tech-dive I do, I cut three custom made (via software) tables and write them on white duct tape and attach them to the wrist seal of my dry suit. They are only used as a backup in the event that my dive computers fail.

I use two computers......an oceanic which is getting ready to give up the ghost and a nemo. I believe the nemo you can hook up to the computer and it will create a log book but mostly I just write one liners now...location, depth, length of dive and if I saw anything unusual. As for dive tables, I have them but rarely look at them....but I don't tech dive....just warm water and in unusual places.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I do, of course i just finished my open water course so i don't have a computer yet

Glad you found a hobby that's safer than rollerskating in the kitchen...:P:D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I do, of course i just finished my open water course so i don't have a computer yet

Glad you found a hobby that's safer than rollerskating in the kitchen...:P:D

That is what the bank, investment advisor, life insurance guy, and my health insurance people said:D The only one who wasn't thrilled was my orthoB|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.