hobbes4star

industrial sewing machine

That looks like some of the heavier-duty Pfaffs that I have used for container repairs
.... difficult to tell from the photos, but it look like the sort of compound feed that you need for container repairs.
This machine might be too heavy for canopy repairs and $999 is too much to pay for a machine that has been sitting around for a few years.
I might pay that much if it had been freshly tuned by a master mechanic.

They had problems with the hook and bobbin case opener.
I would stay away from it!

If going with a Pfaff, try a 238(zig-Zag and Straight stitch)
or a 463 (straight stitch only). you should spend $500.00 or less if you shop around.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

The machine itself is awesome. The 145 is a walking foot machine so it's not really what you want for everyday rigging.

Here's a an ebay ad for what looks to be the same machine.

Pfaff 145

I had a 138, and now have a 238. Both of those machines will do what you want if you choose Pfaff.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I bought a NEW TACSEW copy of the Singer 20u with all the accessories, table, motor, everything, just this month from www.sewinggold.com. That is Goldblatt Industrial in Chicago. $599 plus $99 shipping. Got it here and LOVE it. See their web site.
"It's very important at this point that you don't simply become a passenger." Flight instructor Dennis Anderson speaking about life and crosswind landings.

I would make them let you get it inspected at your nearest industrial sewing machine repair shop first. I tried doing that with someone with a Juki DDL that had been used "daily for 15 years" and they wouldn't sell it to me.

Now I think that was a blessing. ;)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.