ltdiver

Remember the Presidential Physical Fitness Awards?

How'd you do on those Presidential Physical Fitness Awards you had to take in school every year growing up? I remember some specific events during some of those years, but I thought the test was long gone by now.

Seems that's not so. They've devised an adult one, now. Have at it! I know there is a group monitoring their gym work-outs. Wonder how you fair now? :)
Presidential Physical Fitness Award Test for Adults

Now, how do you do sit-ups again? :$

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I had the school record for the flexed arm hang-70 seconds. My arms hurt for days after that! I think I have the certificates "signed" by Nixon, Ford and Carter. Since I was a competitive swimmer, the tests were pretty easy for me, I'm not sure how I'd do now though! :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've got you beat skymama! I also received the award for flexed arm hang. Can you believe it took them 1 minute and 20 seconds to realize I wasn't that good at it I was stuck! It was pretty funny. They actually had to get me down! That standing long jumped sucked!!!

I had the school record for the flexed arm hang-70 seconds. My arms hurt for days after that!

There was one year where both boys and girls did the flexed arm hang at my school. (Thereafter, boys did pull-ups.) My older brother set the school record at 64 seconds. Later that day, I broke his record with 82 seconds! He wasn't terribly happy about it when he found out! B| Unfortunately, my record fell later in the week to a kid in my class who got 90 seconds.

So it goes.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I don't remember doing the PPF tests in school. I just remember out-running everybody in the mile in P.E. and then the P.E. teacher suggested I try out for the cross country and track team. So what do you know? I got to be part of a state championship. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Arm hanging was my worse, but i remember getting an award for doing beyond what was expected for kids my age. I do recall that one.

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I'm boycotting because they are using the BMI chart as an indication of fitness which is really just a glorified height and weight chart. If they want to update this for adults, they should do it with more valid fitness indicators.

I'm boycotting because they are using the BMI chart as an indication of fitness which is really just a glorified height and weight chart. If they want to update this for adults, they should do it with more valid fitness indicators.

If you think that's bad... the AF are going to start using the BMI as a fitness metric... and my brother who smokes (and could probably not run more then a 1/2 mile) is at or below his ideal weight whereas I am considered overweight... (we ran 3 miles this morning for PT and I was keeping up with the Lt's 10 years younger then I...) sigh... :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

And here I thought I was hot stuff back then when I did 61 seconds. :P The next year I was out gunned by someone younger. Already I was feeling the effects of aging...;)

The 100 yard dash was my nemesis, though.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

That's really sad. I weigh 30 pounds more now than I did when I was 18 and "thin" but I'm also 2 sizes smaller. I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my entire adult life, and getting better everyday but a BMI rating would have me close to obese.

I like the idea behind this, but I wish they'd make the effort to do it "right"!