RkyMtnHigh

How long is the longest?

How long is the longest period of time that you've eaten the same meal? Perhaps because you made a large quantity and had leftovers or because it was an inexpensive meal and you wanted to make it last to get you through a period of time.

What was the dish?

Tunafish salad?
egg salad?
spaghetti sauce?

After eating such a dish for a prolonged period of time, did you get "sick" of the dish where you couldn't see it or smell it for awhile?

I eat a Peanu Butter and Jelly sandwitch for lunch every day for the past three years, and still love them.

I did the PJ&J thing for 2 years while doing a construction job. Didn't have to worry about my sandwiches getting overheated.

A gallon of water, 2 PB&Js, 2-3 soft drinks.

because it was an inexpensive meal and you wanted to make it last to get you through a period of time.

While in college I was so broke I couldn't 'pay' attention. ;)

I worked nights as a bouncer in a bar that was also a restaurant during the day.

The owner kinda liked me, and went out of his way to always save me the last hunk of meat off the Gyro slab that cooks on the vertical split...every freakin' DAY! :o:S;)

So for about 9 months, I ate Gyro ~ 3 meals a day every day...:$

Gyro omelets, Gyro spaghetti, Gyro stew, BBQ Gyro,...sometimes I'd cut it into little strips, batter and fry it for 'Gyro Fingers', ...you name it, I made it with Gyros. B|:|

I had so much grease in my system that if I didn't drink a shot or two every morning, my heart couldn't pump the sludge through the pipes! :D

And imagine my popularity during the climbs to altitude in the old 182 every weekend...a 240 pound guy with 2-3 pounds of greasy spicy sheep meat fermenting in his guts! >:(
(one pilot actually use to bring a can of Glade air freshener!)B|

It was a good 10 years before I could even stand the smell of those things again, another 5 before I could actually EAT one! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I ate MREs 3 meals a day for over a month on the ride into Iraq back in 2003. Then at least one a day for the rest of the year. After eating that many, I have developed a certain love for them. I will eat a Beef Stew MRE any time of the day or night. I love that one...
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.