ACMESkydiver

Fitness Friends Post for May 16th-May22nd

No workouts over the weekend (heading to the gym in a few for cardio, legs and abs.....) but I did a lot of yardwork on Saturday and I'm still sore from that!

It's been too wet the past couple of days here to plant stuff...I was hoping to get my corn and sunflowers in yesterday. [:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Holy crap!! I am taking a conditioning course along with regular summer school classes and boy is it kicking my ass!!!!!!!!!!:S

I was on the rowing machine for 15 minutes and then did 20 pushups and situps...Plus some weight lifting for shoulders...we will be focusing on various areas of the body each day...At least I felt great after class!B|

~R+R:)...

Hooray!! B|
~Jaye

I've been doing pretty well lately. I've been deployed for almost 2 months so there's not much to do here. So, why not workout. My goal was to start swimming again. I'm up to a mile in 35 min every other day. I still hit the weights and run on non swimming days.

Eating healthy is the hard part. There's candy everywhere!! We have more candy than bullets!!

My hubby got in the best shape of his life whilest deployed...I'm thinking it was Panama? It was either Panama or Haiti, I don't remember which. I'm thinking Panama though...

-anyhoo, he came home with a 6-pack and showed it off. I opened our apartment door to find my honey in nothing but a trench coat and boots. WOO-HOO!! Talk about welcome home!! :):):)>:(
~Jaye

More updates to the usual numbers. Today's combined morning and evening total was 150 pushups, 300 crunches, 200 squats, and 175 flutterkicks, in addition to a 3 - 3.2 mile run. Tomorrow I might go for a swim in the evening after work, haven't been swimming since the 7th week at Cape May.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I promise that I'm still here :P, but I have ALOT to update on...

I have been crazy busy finishing out the semester and work and other things, but have been staying with my workouts faithfully and upped it to 5x a week as well..

In addition, today I recently also joined a personal training "gym". I dont want to use the trainers at my gym because:
A. Most are good, but the ones i've seen with clients are not motivating. They're good at what they do, but I'm not there to make friends and laugh and joke and play
B. It is ridiculously expensive

So I went and got accepted to a place called
"The Anti-Gym"

It is awesome and reminds me of football practice. You have to be interviewed 2x to be accepted here and its a different kind of personal training. They work with you and formulate a nutrition plan for you that you have to stick to and everything. BUT, if you're not pushing yourself hard enough, not fulfilling your goals, slacking on your meal plan or any other part of the workout, you basically get yelled at and cupcakes thrown at you. Its a different type of environment and I like it :)
There is a dean's list and sausage/chubbies list. Your name goes on the dean's list if you're doing well and meeting your goals and busting your ass. If you're not, it goes on the other two. Training is done in groups, so its competitive and you get a report card on performance every 4 weeks.

I LOVE IT. The owner (who does the consults and interviews) is awesome and said today that he wants to make it his goal to not only help me reach mine, but he wants to try to break me. He said "I want to be able to say that I was able to break an astronaut and that not even an astronaut could handle our training."

But yeah, my first workout is on monday with him. I'll still be doing my own workouts as well on in between days at my other gym too. But I'll be going to him 3 days a week (2 days @ 5:30 am) and working out at my other place too.

I can't wait and I'm really excited for it...
Check out his website - www.theantigym.com

Also go to youtube and search Anti Gym and you can see some of the commercials...hahaha they're funny..

But all is well otherwise, I've seen GREAT gains in strength as I've started turning it back up because I hit a plateau for a bit.

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Gotta love flight engineers, the backbone of the whole Air Force. If all you guys suddenly quit, the Air Force would become a bunch of whining infants. No pressure though. :P

Yes, round is a shape, as one of my brother's old elementary school teachers once said. Alan Cass, that guy rocked. "I'm in shape, round is a shape." Anyway, staying fit on deployment is admirable, it means you have the self-discipline not to do stupid shit but instead better yourself with your time.

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche