sickandtwisted

Who is afraid to.....

I don't weigh enough. They won't take mine. :(

For years I couldn't donate because I didn't weigh enough. And now that I'm finally fat enough (:P) to donate, I found out that I can't anyway, because of prior health issues.

I wish I could though, and I certainly wouldn't be afraid of a little needle and some blood.

They won't take mine since I spent 3 months in England in 1999. Although it's been a year or two since I checked. Wonder if they've changed that rule now too.

They also wont take your blood within a year of you getting a tattoo, IIRC.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Needles, Spiders and Bugs. I really would like to donate, but to say that I HATE needles is an understatement.
I start sweating like crazy when you approach me with a needle. A skindoc wanted to remove a little patch that might be cancerous... had to stop cause he couldn't give me the local numbing injection. He was afraid if I would be ok since I was soaked from sweating as soon as I saw the needle [:/]:|

Just looked up the actual rule on the Redcross site.

"At this time, the American Red Cross donor eligibility rules related to vCJD are as follows:

You are not eligible to donate if:
From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK), or...

From January 1, 1980, to present, you had a blood transfusion in any country(ies) in the (UK). The UK includes any of the countries listed below.

Channel Islands
England
Falkland Islands
Gibraltar
Isle of Man
Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales"

So they really should be letting me donate according to this>:(

From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK)

I didn't know about that, but I guess I'd fall under that category too. Do they say why?

From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK)

I didn't know about that, but I guess I'd fall under that category too. Do they say why?

I think it might be because of BSE beef. Wasn't it around 1996 when the brits finally got a hold of it? Maybe you can have those prion thingies in your blood. Dunno, just guessing here.

My issue comes into play when they let the needle sit in my arm after the beepy thing says I'm done. In college they did that and when they took it out I looked the woman straight in the face and told her I was going to pass out.

I had a history of fainting spells so I knew what I was talking about. She didn't believe me. I woke up a minute later laying down flat with all these faces over me looking down at me.

Ever since then, as soon as the thing beeps that I'm done, I start getting really tense.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

They won't take mine since I spent 3 months in England in 1999. Although it's been a year or two since I checked. Wonder if they've changed that rule now too.

I think it's still in effect.[:/]

A few years ago we visited China. After returning, I donated twice. On my 3rd time, they refused me because I had been to China in the previous 12 months. :S That's how quickly the rules can change. However, they also told me Thailand was just fine, and had no complaints about Mexico either. Go figure.

I don't weigh enough. They won't take mine. :(

Same with my wife.[:/] Sure makes for good swooping, though, eh?:P

I really doubt they wouldn't take my blood because I'm too skinny. They won't take my blood because of the anti-bodies from Lupus in it. Not that Lupus is contagious or anything but when someone is sick, they don't need all that extra stuff to deal with.

However, THANK YOU all for giving blood because I've used a lot of it over the years and it's kept me alive many times. You guys that can and do give blood are awesome!! B|

I've donated 76 units. My goal is to get to 10 gallons.. . . four more donations to go :)
I figure if I write the order to have it given. I better make sure that there's some in the lab. Being O Pos, CMV neg - mine can be used by many (anybody but Rh Neg types) Personally though, I would rather the artificial blood products like Biopure do better in the clinical trials so that I don't keep having to drop my levels down. :)

Hmmmm.:o:D

Which questions did you answer "yes" to?:P

Ya know... back when I was a student nurse, I worked for the red cross. I asked all those questions and I remember this one HOT (and I mean HOT guy come in.... so I get to the question "have you ever received money or drugs for sex?"..... and just thought.... "would you want to?" :$:$ "PLEASE!!!"

Not afraid to give blood... done it a few times. I'm terrified of needles though, so I always look away when they put it in my arm.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I'm not ALLOWED to give blood[:/]
Chequered past:|

Hmmmm.:o:D

Which questions did you answer "yes" to?:P
i lot of them, it's a VERY Chequered past
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I asked all those questions and I remember this one HOT (and I mean HOT guy come in.... so I get to the question "have you ever received money or drugs for sex?"..... and just thought.... "would you want to?" :$:$ "PLEASE!!!"

Kay, you should have just asked him to have sex with you. As a guy, I can tell you, we rarely ask for money. Especially when you were a student nurse . . . women don't come much hotter than that.;):$B|

I asked all those questions and I remember this one HOT (and I mean HOT guy come in.... so I get to the question "have you ever received money or drugs for sex?"..... and just thought.... "would you want to?" :$:$ "PLEASE!!!"

Kay, you should have just asked him to have sex with you. As a guy, I can tell you, we rarely ask for money. Especially when you were a student nurse . . . women don't come much hotter than that.;):$B|

Sheesh, and all this time I thought her name was Karen:S:D