Andy9o8

Post Your Ches Judy Awards for 2010

I think that every DZ's respective recipient of a Ches Judy award deserves to be publicly recognized for it.

I invite people to post to this thread the name (with any appropriate details or commentary) of their DZ's winner of a Ches Judy award for Safety Day 2010.

Congratulations to all!

PLEASE KEEP THE SPIRIT OF POSTS TO THIS THREAD POSITIVE!

I'm sure there will me more next year. Maybe even some USPA member dropzones will participate ;)

As I edited my previous post, I was being sarcastic. There were lots of them awarded around the US this year.

If its not on Dropzone.com, it never happened!

[sarcasm]

So apparently only one was awarded in the entire US on Safety Day 2010. That's just awesome. [/sarcasm]

Okay, I'll bite. SkyDance skydiving awarded it to Grey Lake (greylake here on dropzone.com). Speaking as someone who has observed her FJC and packing classes, I think a big part of why she got it is her enthusiasm for teaching and the energy she puts into the very important ground school portions of skydiver education. She's an absolute taskmaster on PLFs, too - her students really have to practice them till they get 'em right.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

[sarcasm]

So apparently only one was awarded in the entire US on Safety Day 2010. That's just awesome. [/sarcasm]

lol.... and theres a whole other thread about how each dz awards one every year......:o

Flopped thread......
I guess it just wasent as interesting as a post about good 'ol Bill Dause....;)

and theres a whole other thread about how each dz awards one every year.

Or maybe the OP in that one you started made it sound as though the constituency making that award was something more than just one person's home DZ. And it was clearly baiting a reaction from certain people, which it got. That was its real purpose - and we all knew that.

The Judy's a great award, and each and all of each year's many recipients are very well-deserving of congratulations. And that's the purpose and positive tone of the OP of this thread. So giggle all you want. And hey - thanks for being so awesome!

Skydive Orange awarded the Judy to Steve Hetrick this year. He's the chief AFF guy, AFF course director, regional S&TA, and all around great guy.

When he went up to accept, he got all choked up. It as really quite odd, Steve's not known for flowery displays of emotion. I had no idea, but apparently Ches Judy was Steve's best friend and jumping buddy for many years before he died. Many DZ's look at the Judy Award as a silly little piece of paper to give out every year. Steve made me realize that it can truly be a honor, and if viewed as such by DZ's across the country it might actually have a positive impact on safety.

- Dan G