Misslmperfect

American Idol

I know I'm just one person, but I will never watch American Idol again, and will turn the channel everytime David 'Baby Face' Archuletta, comes on the radio if he wins. Can't he sing anything other than ballads, hes just so boring!! Damn...this is irritating!!>:(

Yay! I totally agree. He just grates on my nerves.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

His Imagine totally sucks. It was painful to listen to him sing it again. I love that song, I wished he had just sung it the way it was meant to be sung.

The judges, I think, wanted it to appear that they were pimping David A............it drew out more votes for Cook. They know Cook will make more money for them. Cook didn't do that badly, and it might have been a little off for him last night, maybe from nerves, stress, having his brother in the audience and knowing his condition is so grave, and maybe just thankful the whole show is finely coming to an end. They were really harsh on Cook last night and there really wasn't reason for it.

The judges, I think, wanted it to appear that they were pimping David A............it drew out more votes for Cook.

I think this is also possible.

The Boxing theme was a big MISTAKE. It clearly showed that the finals was a contest between 2 girls.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"We are all brothers..."

I'm pretty happy that guy got to finish out his 15 minutes of fame. It really made me smile.

The winner was definitely the one who seemed to earn it. It really looked like some of the top 10 did not look happy to be there that night. Also, is it me or were all the acts too new to matter or old artists that weren't relevant anymore? Well, everyone but ZZ Top, they will always be relevant.

Relevant with their choice in automobiles, guitars, music and facial hair. Even Bill Booth wants to be like those guys.:D:P

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The winner was definitely the one who seemed to earn it.

I agree. For once the "I Hate Idol Crowd" who championed those like Sanjaya didn't win. ;^)

It really looked like some of the top 10 did not look happy to be there that night.

I only saw this in the face of 'skunk girl', but she always seemed to look like that.

Also, is it me or were all the acts too new to matter or old artists that weren't relevant anymore? Well, everyone but ZZ Top, they will always be relevant.

Don't know about you, but I enjoyed tonight's show. Especially when David Cook got to be the lead singer WITH ZZ Top! He was grinning from ear to ear to be with such legends.

As to the 'old artists', each of them are icons and brought style to the show (and a little humor, too :P) And the 'new acts'...perhaps you and I are too aged to know them....But I bet the Archie crowd new exactly who they were!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Actually, that was a lot of fun to watch. The "Best 4" girls: David^2/Syesha/Irish Girl (not the 'final' four, the 'best 4), sounded great - the other 8 sucked wind bad.

Young David likely got more training and insight by prepping for this final thing than the rest of the series combined.

Cook should have won, but I bet the kid blows him away over the next five years as he grows into it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I really liked the duet with both Davids... they really played off one another well.

David A can really sing well and David C is better at emphazing things.

Throughout the show I kept having flashbacks to Highschool which I didn't like at all... and I never did figure out the name of the all brothers group was...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I never did figure out the name of the all brothers group was...

Me neither. I'm surprised that the men in this crowd haven't drooled over the Carrie Underwood solo yet. :)

She's been inducted into the Grand Ole Opry now and that particular single went Double Platinum in only 2 weeks after its release! HERE>

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Well I thought last night was an extraordinary finale. I think watching Cook in his element with ZZ Top was a real treat. I didn't think Cook performed that well in the final round, but am not displeased to see him win the title of American Idol.

I was unaware of anything going on with his brother though. Someone mentioned something about his condition, is he sick or something?

I did not like seeing skunk lady again. Her voice is offensive to me.

Is anyone going to see Idol on tour? They are coming to St. Louis on July 19th. I wonder how expensive tickets will be :S

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

David Cook's brother, Adam, was in the audience again on Tuesday, but I didn't see him there last night. He has terminal brain cancer which has spread. The orange bracelet David wears and the initials AC (on his guitars and some jackets) are his brother's intials. I think the reason David was just a little 'down' on tuesday was because his brother was in the audience. His home town collected $27,000 dollars and the Kansas City Royals put the remainder amount in, to total $80,000, to fly his brother on board a medically staffed plane to see David perform and win!

What a great finale show. Loved ZZTop with David. I really loved hearing Jason Castro singing Hallelujah. I didn't like the brush off intro by Ryan for Jason though.

Skunk girl (Amanda) acted as though she didn't want to be there and she might have had a few drinks! LOL

The judges had to make amends for Tuesday night's bashing remarks because they knew David Cook was going to win. I'm sure they made those remarks to get the voters out and get their pick to win this one. He would have anyway with a 12 million vote lead.

Me neither. I'm surprised that the men in this crowd haven't drooled over the Carrie Underwood solo yet. :)

Carrie and Syesha - drool

either one, keep them on stage and keep them singing

This was a win-win American Idol.

Both are extremely talented in their respective genres. The 2 David's deserved the finale.

Both will have a promising career. David A. went out on a really high note with his stellar performances on Tuesday.

I was thrilled Cook won. He seems like he is truly a decent guy and he is exceptionally talented. With the heartache his family is experiencing right now, I'm glad they have something to celebrate.

As for Carrie Underwood, if I said hot; it would be an understatement. Everything this chick touches turns to platinum. I wish she would touch me.;) As Lori stated the single she performed has gone double platinum. She has released about 10 singles and 2 albums since winning AI and ALL have gone to #1 on the billboard charts. I can't even count how many awards she has won. God, I love this woman!

Jason's 'Hallelujah' was excellent once again.

Brooke was outstanding with Graham Nash.

Syesha just keeps getting hotter by the minute. Her performance with Seal was awesome.

Remove Cruella DeVille and Stripper dude and it was really an excellent finale to watch.

I'm keeping this one on my DVR.

I guess I'm just used to his Captain Kangaroo look. Thanks for laugh with the Captain Kangaroo comparison.:D

Anyway, when all is said and done, it was upstaged by a well produced finale.