Misslmperfect

American Idol

They definitely do- anywhere from 2 to 5 years is my understanding. After Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson were able to get out of theirs, they made the contracts even more airtight. The AI machine has first refusal on any recording contract with any label, plus a percentage of the profits. Some former finalists claim AI had them effectively blacklisted from the major record labels. How much of that is true and how much is just sour grapes is anyone's guess.

I don't feel that Jason threw himself under the bus by choice. He probably was the most inexperienced on the show and he is the first to admit it. He also had not sung in public except maybe a handful of times, where the others all had performed on stage or had previous recording contracts. Jason was relieved to have been sent home. He didn't know how he could learn 3 songs in a week, when he had trouble learning 2 songs his last week. He sings with such emotion and has stated that he has to become involved with the song and 'feel it', to do it well. All of his studio recordings are really good. He is one very smart young man scholasticly.

I really would like to see David Cook win, and I think the producers are smart enough to realize the potential if he does in fact win. They've been swaying it so far in David Cook's direction, that it's quite obvious their chosen 'one' has changed.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

He is one very smart young man scholasticly

Well, he is an Aggie.

A pot-smoking hippy Aggie, but an Aggie none-the-less.:D

Aw.......I don't think that's a fair assumption:)

Well, he is an Aggie.

I agree with aggiedave... I thought it was very obvious that he was pot smoker, I used to be one myself and people who smoke regularly stick out like a sore thumb....;):P

he has dreads to be different.

just like everyone else :S what a cliche

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeah....Jason was my favorite on the show, but I still believe he wasn't performing up to par for numerous reasons...not really "throwing himself under the bus" persay, but I do believe he didn't want to be there anymore. Proof of that is listening to his studio recordings along with his previous performances...they're beautiful. His elated smile is proof he was happy to go home. honestly I don't think anyone else had anything to do with him going home.
Agree to disagree :)

Well, he is an Aggie.

I agree with aggiedave... I thought it was very obvious that he was pot smoker, I used to be one myself and people who smoke regularly stick out like a sore thumb....;):P

I know thats right!
Doesn't make him any less of a person, he's still very talented.
I used to have dreads...."to be different"...actually I wanted them...but yeah, I finally chopped them off when I got sick of everyone assuming I was stupid because of my hair :S

I agree with the whole Fantasia deal WTF? I must be hiding under a rock because I have never heard of her and frankly never want to again after that performance!

I was happy when her gig was over. I really liked the Aggie dredlock boy Jason a lot. My favorite performance was still him singing Halleluliah. I also agree that this competition brought him a long way. I thought Syesha was the queen who reigned that show. This next week will be interesting!

I heard about something on the show that the top 10 are going on tour? Is that true? What do they sing and where do they tour?

(This is my first year watching Idol)
Very impressive show, too bad I missed the first few seasons.

Also, to answer somone's question about Randy Jackson, he used to be in the band Journey. You may have heard of them, a very top notch band in the 70s and 80s.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Did you catch Simon on Jay Leno tonight? Priceless interview!

Subjects covered:

--Simon's first kiss
--Simon wore make-up as a kid?
--Fantasia's performance
--Paula's goof in critiquing Jason's 2nd song before it was sung.
--And oh so much more....

:D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

It was a great interview. I don't know whether to be worried or excited by the fact he thinks Cook should win.............

Hey J,

Now that we've come to the last week for the year, I want to thank you for your absolutely hysterical critiques. You have a great gift of verbage. I didn't always agree with you, but you never ceased to make me laugh.

I'm looking forward to your critique tonight. I know you prefer Cook, but try to make it equally humurous.

Throw me a bone, my life is pathetic.[:/]

Here's my last critique of the season.

THOSE IN LATER TIME ZONES, DON'T READ FURTHER

I have absolutely no clue where the votes will go tonight.

I am definitely a David Cook fan, but I have to be honest. David Archuleta wiped the floors with him and deserves the win.

Either way, neither has anything to worry about. Their careers are off to a great start.

I agree with your assessment almost word for word.

However, Cook's last song was REALLY good - he got better each song. He'll have no problem making enough money to get that skull reduction. Simon was right though, Billy Jean was his best of the season and he could have done that again.

the kid started out amazing and went down from there but still won the first two by a lot and lost the last by just a tiny bit. I think his imagine sucks.

this was actually very entertaining, especially the first two songs were perfect picks for these two - great singers

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Although Archuleta sang his heart out last night, I still think that Cook should win. He's more original and versatile.

It was nice to see Archie not butcher songs for once. I still don't like his version of Imagine though....

I am definitely a David Cook fan, but I have to be honest. David Archuleta wiped the floors with him and deserves the win.

I disagree... David A is a good singer that seems to be stuck on balads whereas David C is much more diverse and creative.

It was obvious that the judges are pushing to get David A to win but each time they said something bad to David C I wanted to throw something at the TV... or at the very least at the judges...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I think both artists are talented with definitely different styles. At first I couldn't believe that Archuletta could win the American Idol title and thought Cook would much more fit the bill and that America would probably see it that way too.

But like others have said, after last night... Archuletta just did a bang out job and I think it was one of Cook's just mediocre nights.

It is a shame for Cook because I think he may have just had an "off" night but it wasn't the time for that to happen. Some of his songs were pitchy and off key whereas Archuletta was nailing it.

Cook is definitely the most original and Archuletta did have other nights (like when he forgot the lyrics)... if that had been last night, I think Cook would have won for sure. I really think it is a toss up but I kind of hope Archuletta wins at this point.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."