base_nz

GREAT book.......Shantaram

I've heard that's a great read. I've been reading Bernard Cornwell's historical fiction about the Saxons during the time of King Alfred the Great. GREAT reads.

Need to find Shantaram...

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I've heard that's a great read. I've been reading Bernard Cornwell's historical fiction about the Saxons during the time of King Alfred the Great. GREAT reads.

Need to find Shantaram...

:)

I'm hitting the Barnes and Noble tomorrow...so can I take your word that I will be overwhelmed???

I just read Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything" - which, if you're a history/science nerd like me, you will love...even though some of the Brits think he's a wanker. (He may be...I've no opinion on the subject.)

I agree its a great read, best descriptions of India or more exactly its people and 'indianess' (??) that I've read, put me back there.

Did wonder as with all 'true stories' how faithful it is (think James Frey..) and it could of been 100 pages shorter toward the end but definitely worth reading.
but what do I know

also 100 pages shorter at the start would mean i go back to reading it. I cant get past the first 100 pages, finding it very boring. Would rather read Papillion again

Now theres a GREAT read!!! Your right about the end...Could have been a bit shorter..
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Enjoyed it and highly recommend it, but the writing is definitely 'florid' and a bit overdone, but then you get used to it. Once used to the style, it is easy to read 50 pages in a sitting.

It is NOT 100% true....its just too much happening to one guy. He has a website to visit.

http://www.shantaram.com/

all the characters in my novel are created characters, fictions, invented by me, and none of them resemble living persons in any way. The novel is so closely linked to the real experiences of my life that people read the book as autobiography, rather than as the novel that it is. The rule of thumb for Shantaram, and for the sequel, which I’m completing now in these months, is that the experiences are all real, taken from my own life and direct personal experience, but the characters and the dialogue and the narrative structure are all creations.

Johnny Depp is to play the part of the 'hero'/anti-hero, and if you've read the book you will agree with me that it is impossible to imagine him in the part of a very large, muscle bound, scarred faced New Zealand criminal. (see foto attached).
The great Indian director Mira Nair will direct. The filming was delayed considerably by the writers strike earlier this year.

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Johnny Depp is to play the part of the 'hero'/anti-hero, and if you've read the book you will agree with me that it is impossible to imagine him in the part of a very large, muscle bound, scarred faced New Zealand criminal. (see foto attached)./reply]

I have no problem with JD playing the character of Lin, i must say when i read the book i pictured him as well built but not huge like he is in real life. I got quite a surprise when i first saw a pic of him :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

i pictured him as well built but not huge like he is in real life

For starters, I can't imagine someone depp's size surviving the prison beatings described in that chapter. You'd need lots of beef on your bones!:o

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton