ACMESkydiver

Fitness Buddies!! Summer is Approaching; Post for May 23rd-29th!

I would agree with RkyMtnHigh on that one. You rock!

On another note, I decided to have a little fun today. I did 200 crunches, doing a few sets of 75 flutterkicks, and later today once the little elementary school kiddies get out of classes and go home, I'm going over to the jungle gym with a 16 lb. vest and using it as an obstacle course. Wanna see if I have a shot at going for MSST, being one of those blue-ninja-suited guys who kicks in hatches when the shit hits the fan.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Hope you had fun.

We did! It was a bit of a climb (1100 feet in 2 miles) but the view and the cold beer at the top were worth it.

Even better, and sticking to the thread topic, my quads and calves feel great today, no pain. B|

You know you're getting somewhere! B| Me I'm still in pain from pulling this muscle...((I have to look it up as I'm not sure what it's called :$)...hmm. Still can't find it. Well, it's the inside of both knees. You work it when you're doing lunges...crap I hope that's not a ligament or something. :S

Anyhoo, worked it too hard and now I can't do lower body strengthening until it gets better again. >:(

I'm walking into town though to try to loosen it up a bit. :)
Oh! And I'm getting a pedometer! You were talking about how yours helped you keep track of where you're at so I decided to use my gift certificate and get one. I've never had a good one before (just the cheap ones that tick as they shake some little tumbler inside) so I can see how many steps into town and back for 4 1/2 miles. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I need to find myself a pool so I can do some laps here in San Diego...or just get my butt out in the ocean.

Today I started the morning off with some push ups, situps, and other ab work with a wee bit o' stretching/yoga, then did some handstand work. I've been a louse the past week and haven't done too much. Will give myself a thorough assbeating this evening to get myself ready for the week. Hehehehehe.

:P

Swimming! I can't do it personally...I can't put my face in the water and swim well, so I just play with my babies! :ph34r:

Good work on the rest of the stuff, too!
~Jaye

Well, I had a good workout Thursday night but since then I've been over indulging in bad for you foods. I'll get back on track tomorrow with the trainer- I just HOPE he forgets to weigh me because he won't be happy if he does! ;)

I just had an update session with my trainer and I can really tell how these past few weeks yanked me off course. :S

Oh wells! Back to the drawing board...:P
~Jaye

Since i was at the dz all weekend i didn't get to do a formal work out. But walking from the hangar to the campground a few times is quite a distance. This week i got nothing going on so i can make it to the gym every day after work.

On a side note, i saw the lovely Tigra today and she is looking HOT!!! She really has lost lots of weight and toned up a bunch. Just seeing how good she's looking has motivated me a bit more. :)

Awright! Keep it up, girlies! I'm going to turn in a better showing these last 5 weeks before my anniversary! B|
~Jaye

I would agree with RkyMtnHigh on that one. You rock!

On another note, I decided to have a little fun today. I did 200 crunches, doing a few sets of 75 flutterkicks, and later today once the little elementary school kiddies get out of classes and go home, I'm going over to the jungle gym with a 16 lb. vest and using it as an obstacle course. Wanna see if I have a shot at going for MSST, being one of those blue-ninja-suited guys who kicks in hatches when the shit hits the fan.

Oh yeah, schools can provide some great spaces to play and train, depending on which you're doing!

We played frisbee football at the middle school next door on Memorial Day. That 's fun when you have a big enough family to have 2 teams! :P

...and I didn't remember that you have to run quite that much playing a no-contact sport. Sheesh! Aunt Jaye almost had a coronary doing all that runnin' in the hot sun! :D:D

but we won!!! B|:)
~Jaye

OK, he "forgot" to weigh me, but I 'fessed up to the weekend junk food extravaganza including a Culver's Butter burger. I swear he punished me for it last night! He added more weight to the squat machine than I thought I could possibly lift and I still managed 12 reps- that was my 3rd set too! I'm sore today and I know it will be worse tomorrow! sigh........ great workout though!

OK, he "forgot" to weigh me, but I 'fessed up to the weekend junk food extravaganza including a Culver's Butter burger. I swear he punished me for it last night! He added more weight to the squat machine than I thought I could possibly lift and I still managed 12 reps- that was my 3rd set too! I'm sore today and I know it will be worse tomorrow! sigh........ great workout though!

Good trainers know your limits! Sounds like he knows yours, so that's great. I bet you'll get a lot of mileage out of his training. B|

I can't wait until I can hire one. I am such a MORON when it comes to pain of working hard vs. pain of injuring 'cause you're too stoopid to stop. >:(:S
~Jaye

Oh yeah, schools can provide some great spaces to play and train, depending on which you're doing!

We played frisbee football at the middle school next door on Memorial Day. That 's fun when you have a big enough family to have 2 teams! :P

...and I didn't remember that you have to run quite that much playing a no-contact sport. Sheesh! Aunt Jaye almost had a coronary doing all that runnin' in the hot sun! :D:D

but we won!!! B|:)

Well hey, at least the near-coronary experience was worth the win. Damn the school grounds for almost giving Aunt Jaye a coronary. :P

I promise I won't give myself a coronary, but if I can't make it through the obstacle course first time around without injuring something, then I guess I'm too old to kick in doors for a living.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I promise I won't give myself a coronary, but if I can't make it through the obstacle course first time around without injuring something, then I guess I'm too old to kick in doors for a living.

-USCG is recruiting out of the middle schools for that? :|

:):):):ph34r:
~Jaye

He's a very good trainer and I trust him which makes all the difference. I also went to him when I was motivated, and I try to make the most of every session. I'm definitely getting results and he's definitely re-defining my limits. If I could only get my eating habits under control, I'd be doing really well! :$

Would be interesting, wouldn't it?

So I did in fact run the gauntlet at the jungle gym. Planned two different routes, ran both about 5 times, cut ET on every run, and the 16 lbs. didn't change anything. Actually ran the course faster with the weight than without. No more serious weight routines until I settle into Gloucester, but I think life in the DOG is in the cards somewhere. I'm going to try for it, whether I make it or not.