ACMESkydiver

Fitness Buddies!! Summer is Approaching; Post for May 23rd-29th!

Yesterday I did NOTHIN'!! Yes, absolutely nothin'. and I ate a TON of bad, fattening, sugary, preservative-laden food. :|

I had a migraine and I was doing anything I could to distract from it...dang it. :S

Day before yesterday I did a good workout at the gym with a trainer. He updated my workout. I needed a 'plan B' workout for days that I'm not up to the best workout, but still need to move! :)
I'm going in today again at noon, as same trainer is buying 2 cases of my oxygen water from me. Yippee, forces me to go in and get my workout done. B|

How are all of you doing?? B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I hope to start with a regular work out schedule mid June. It will be 2 wks post op this tuesday from my last knee surgery and so far things are going pretty go. I am going to try to go for a bike ride tomorrow and if it goes well then every evening I will go for a short ride.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I hope to start with a regular work out schedule mid June. It will be 2 wks post op this tuesday from my last knee surgery and so far things are going pretty go. I am going to try to go for a bike ride tomorrow and if it goes well then every evening I will go for a short ride.

That's great to hear! Take care of that knee! :)
~Jaye

Going for a 5 mile/1000 ft elevation gain and loss hike this evening. The excuse is that I need to train. The real reason is that it's going to be a gorgeous sunset and that particular ridge ought to be a great place to have dinner and watch it. B|

Still doing my usual IT sessions, been working on my crappy pushup form since the weekend started, and it's getting better. Went to the pool to swim this afternoon for opening day, and that water burned it was so cold. But being a badass Coastie I just ignored the stinging pain and got in 20 laps in 10 minutes flat. I need to see if I can seal my goggles better though, I haven't used them in a few months and they seem to be leaking from somewhere. Tomorrow I'm waking up to uniform maintenance and going to the village center to salute the morning colors and the memorial, then coming home and doing my IT. Rest of the day is going to be spent studying, packing, and doing more IT.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I need to remember to stay hydrated, and I bought a fitness ball the other day :)

Yup, keep a water bottle in your hand everywhere you go and it will help tremendously! After you get used to it, you really do crave a ton of water and it's not so bad at all.

My trainer has me on the fitness ball for every workout. OOPSY! :$ I forgot to do my 10 x 2 ball pass today! Shnikeys I hate it when I forget to do that. :S

Works the core. You lie on your back and put the ball between your ankles/calves. Then you crunch up your legs and upper body and pass the ball to your hands, and stretch out as far as you can without letting your legs or arms touch the ground. Crunch again and pass it back to your legs; flatten out again.

Repeat x 10. Then do it again. I'm sure people with better core conditioning can do a bunch more. Me, I'm still at whimpy level. :$
~Jaye

Going for a 5 mile/1000 ft elevation gain and loss hike this evening. The excuse is that I need to train. The real reason is that it's going to be a gorgeous sunset and that particular ridge ought to be a great place to have dinner and watch it. B|

Sounds perfect. Hope you had fun.
~Jaye

Saturdays ride. Download the file and open it with Google Earth:

http://shell.dim.com/~ryoder/1211678460-19877-stripped.gpx

The last time I tried to get/download/look at Google Earth for some reason the result was just CATASTROPHIC! :o:o:o

So I'll trust that it was a very cook ride. B|:ph34r:

I did my 'plan A' lower body workout today minus the additional treadmill after the stength training. That was just due to time constraints, but it felt purdy good! :)
I was saying to myself on the way home, "It's a good day, 'Tater!"
~Jaye

...just another day in the life, eh? :P

Yeah, it's getting there. After my first three weeks in Cape May, I have a new appreciation for cold. And after the full 8 weeks, I have a new appreciation of pain. If it doesn't hurt as bad as Recruit Training, it doesn't hurt.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

This past weekend was walking/hiking/trail running bliss for me. And my thighs are reminding me that I haven’t done that much in a while … getting old is not for wimps!

Friday did Stanford’s 3.7 mile Dish loop, followed by ~1/2 the Ridge trail up (couple miles) at Skyline Ridge Reserve (after lunch w/ a former colleague).

Saturday did a 2.4 mile uphill hike (1150ft) through redwoods, coastal oaks, knobcone pines, and Manzanita in Big Basin State Park near Santa Cruz. Made it up to the top in ~65 minutes, used to be able to do it in ~45 minutes Trail ran down back down about 2/3 of the way … my own Nike commercial. :D

Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Hope you had fun.

We did! It was a bit of a climb (1100 feet in 2 miles) but the view and the cold beer at the top were worth it.

Even better, and sticking to the thread topic, my quads and calves feel great today, no pain. B|

I need to find myself a pool so I can do some laps here in San Diego...or just get my butt out in the ocean.

Today I started the morning off with some push ups, situps, and other ab work with a wee bit o' stretching/yoga, then did some handstand work. I've been a louse the past week and haven't done too much. Will give myself a thorough assbeating this evening to get myself ready for the week. Hehehehehe.

:P

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Well, I had a good workout Thursday night but since then I've been over indulging in bad for you foods. I'll get back on track tomorrow with the trainer- I just HOPE he forgets to weigh me because he won't be happy if he does! ;)

Well today, I had my first personal training workout at the "The Antigym" and wow. Today was legs. It was intense and the people in my group are awesome, but intense. Me telling them that I wanted to be an astronaut, made it worse haha....

I can't even really begin to describe how intense this session is to you guys. Both trainers, independently, told me that 45% of the guys puke during their first workout and other 53% break down into tears. I was in the 2% that did neither....but it was def. tough, physically and mentally.

And gotta give props to the ladies because they were kicking ass as well. There were only 2 guys in my group, myself, included, the rest were girls, and they were getting their asses kicked and worked just as hard as the guys.

But it was amazing and I can't wait to see what happens. I love it. I love having to be accountable for what I eat by sending them my meal plan (what I ate/drank during the day) every night.

Tomorrow I'm back to my gym for back, tri's and shoulders and then wednesday I'm back at the Antigym for Chest and Arms @ 6 am.

I've also set some new goals as well.
1. I have about 80 lbs on fat on my body. I weigh 254 lbs. I want to reduce that by at least 60-70%. I'm trying to drop that, get majorly cut, and get down to 10% BF. I'm at 24% right now (gross).

Those goals were there, but not outlined and now that I'll be working out pretty much everyday AND getting my ass kicked (in a good way) 3 days a week, and on a strict nutrition plan....the results should begin to show.

Hope everyone is meeting or working towards their goals as well!! Good luck everyone!!
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Saturdays ride. Download the file and open it with Google Earth:

http://shell.dim.com/~ryoder/1211678460-19877-stripped.gpx

The last time I tried to get/download/look at Google Earth for some reason the result was just CATASTROPHIC! :o:o:o

So I'll trust that it was a very cook ride. B|:ph34r:

Sheesh! Just for you:

http://shell.dim.com/~ryoder/lyons.jpg

The start/finish is at the lower righthand corner.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Since i was at the dz all weekend i didn't get to do a formal work out. But walking from the hangar to the campground a few times is quite a distance. This week i got nothing going on so i can make it to the gym every day after work.

On a side note, i saw the lovely Tigra today and she is looking HOT!!! She really has lost lots of weight and toned up a bunch. Just seeing how good she's looking has motivated me a bit more. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

That's so sweet! :$ You've made me feel guilty about all the junk food I ate all weekend! I'm back on track starting today! Legs tonight with my young trainer! UGH! (but in a good way!)

You are also looking good! I hope you're feeling better too!

Yesterday I didn't really do much of anything, just did my required duties for Memorial Day, then relaxed for the rest of the day. So today it was a pretty serious workout, and the day's barely half over.

Started this morning with 100 pushups, 200 crunches, 100 squats, and 100 flutterkicks. Took a short rest, then I went running, did a mile and a half in just under 12 minutes. Then I did a whole bunch of sprinting with an 8 lb. weight vest. Unfortunately it didn't feel like any weight at all, so I'm going to run more sprints tomorrow with double the weight.

Correction on the pushups, I've done 150 today. And I'm going to add another 200 crunches before the end of the night. And still doing more sprints tomorrow with the weight vest. Doubling from 8 to 16 lbs, and going from there. If I can still sprint my ass off hauling around an extra 16 lbs, then I'll bump it up to at least 20 and keep it there for a while.

This past weekend was walking/hiking/trail running bliss for me. And my thighs are reminding me that I haven’t done that much in a while … getting old is not for wimps!

Friday did Stanford’s 3.7 mile Dish loop, followed by ~1/2 the Ridge trail up (couple miles) at Skyline Ridge Reserve (after lunch w/ a former colleague).

Saturday did a 2.4 mile uphill hike (1150ft) through redwoods, coastal oaks, knobcone pines, and Manzanita in Big Basin State Park near Santa Cruz. Made it up to the top in ~65 minutes, used to be able to do it in ~45 minutes Trail ran down back down about 2/3 of the way … my own Nike commercial. :D

Marg

We're trying to get the 10 of us out on an easy trail here someday soon! I have the hydration pack thingies and we'll bring snacks for the babies...it'll be GREAT! B|

-Nothing like what you're up to, but y'know...nice lil' family hike or something. :)
~Jaye