iluvtofly

How to pack for a boogie?

So Skyfest is just a week away. I'm so excited that I should be sleeping right now but I can't stop thinking about Skyfest. I've been trying to figure out just how to pack for it though.

Obviously all my skydiving stuff, tent, sleeping bag, clothes...but what am I missing?

What is the weather supposed to be like down there? How cold is it getting at night (I'm sleeping in a tent, this is important)?

I'm one of those people who overpacks for everything but still manages to always forget to bring something. Please help. :)

Ear plugs.
There comes a time during night or day that you'll want to close your eyes. :)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I'd add....

• mosquito repellent
  • sunscreen

Oh...and,

• beer - do you have your SCR? :) (Obviously, TSA won't let you carry that onto the airplane, but you'll need it once you get there.)

Have some fun for me, k? And give those nutty dz.commer's a hug for me. :)
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

And here's me trying to avoid sentences like "you like to sleep at night". :D
    Lemme try again:

Ear plugs.
    Eventually, there comes a time during night or day that you'll want to sleep.

Being able to block out the noise can be a Godsend. Especially if the plane is taking off less than fifty metres away while you're having a lie in for some reason, or if someone is "agreeing very emphatically with their newly found short-term activity partner".
    "That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
    ~mom

Toothbrush, Deodorant, Clean Socks, Extra pair of Shoes (Warm, Dry Feet are Important), Sleeping Bag, Cash.

And above all.. Dont forget your Towel. A Towel is perhaps the most useful item in the universe. You can Ball it up and use it for a Pillow, Spread it across you and use it as a Blanket, Lay it on the ground when you and that special new friend want to Lay out in the middle of the landing area and watch the stars, Twirl it up and use it as a weapon, and if you are one of those rare people that actually shower during a Boogie, You can dry off with it.;)

If you have these items, Everything else will take care of itself.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy explains the many uses of a towel much better here:

A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very, very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with

Avon Skin-So-Soft Original Lotion [as a Bug Repellent]

Just the plain 'ol original; it's better than their bug repellent brand (they changed something when they did that).
    It's the best mosquito, bug, tick, flea and CHIGGER repellent on the planet.
    If you're staying in a tent - it's a must. Mostly around your ankles, crotch, armpits.
    Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

great quote from HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy, I always remember the song from the bbc series it goes something like this...tin tin tintiririnrin, tin tin tiririn, tin tin tintiririn, tin tin tiririn.

and yes a towel is very helpful....it can help you dry a pair of jeans in a hurry..just lay the wet pants in the middle of an open towel, roll the towel with the pants in it and have a friend help you twist it as hard as you can...and the jeans will come out as dry as they come after the centrifuge cicle in your washer...

Felipe
    --
    Blue Skies
    NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
    "A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

Condoms, lots of condoms.

If J would've gotten Trojan or someone as a sponsor, condoms would be provided....something to think about for next year. :P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Dont forget your Towel.

"and dont forget to bring a towel!!"

"HE ALLREADY SAID THAT TOWLEE!!!!"

"oh ya right.... oh man im so high....."
    "Its such a beautiful day outside, we should thank the leader."

"The leader? Who the hell is that? Some sort of leader?" -Homer Simpson.

If J would've gotten Trojan or someone as a sponsor, condoms would be provided....something to think about for next year. :P

or if some responsible person(it was me last time) is designated the "Bringer of the Condoms" and makes a run to Planned Parenthood and brings a huge bag of condoms for all those times you forget and come running out of your tent in a towel looking for on like in the dz.com tent in Rantoul for example.(*cough*Sunny!*cough*):P:P:P;)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Condoms? Condoms?! People still use those things?

I personally prefer anal sex. Sure the girl may walk a little funny the next day, but it avoids the pregnancy risk. (Plus you can blame the "shuffle walk" on a hard opening) :D

edited for shpellin

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

only girl sailors would have touch Paul priveleges.

But, my post comes from a quote from Austin Powers where he in reference to comdoms being used he refers to sailors needing to be the ones to use them because they go from port to port.

Do you have a sailor outfit by chance though?:)

Skymama's #2 stalker -

or if some responsible person(it was me last time) is designated the "Bringer of the Condoms" and makes a run to Planned Parenthood and brings a huge bag of condoms for all those times you forget and come running out of your tent in a towel looking for on like in the dz.com tent in Rantoul for example.(*cough*Sunny!*cough*)

:):)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!