Tink1717

Retired 48 hrs...

...and I'm bored already. You'd think after 26 years in the Baltimore County Fire dep., I'd be ready for AT LEAST a month off, but, no, I'm bored already. Jeezus, how do old farts do it? I mean I could be sitting on the deck with a double malt scotch, but that would be even more boring than weekend TV. I just don't see how I'm gonna comply with the strict orders from the house commander to be not underfoot. And, oh yeah, the puppy is driving me nuts. I'd go jumping but the weather here is shit and the plane got busted up by the storms yesterday. Well, at least there's SCUBA.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

...and I'm bored already. You'd think after 26 years in the Baltimore County Fire dep., I'd be ready for AT LEAST a month off, but, no, I'm bored already. Jeezus, how do old farts do it? I mean I could be sitting on the deck with a double malt scotch, but that would be even more boring than weekend TV. I just don't see how I'm gonna comply with the strict orders from the house commander to be not underfoot. And, oh yeah, the puppy is driving me nuts. I'd go jumping but the weather here is shit and the plane got busted up by the storms yesterday. Well, at least there's SCUBA.

Then go to the DZ anyway - at least you will be around like minds.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A few guys I know have said the same thing initially on retiring.
And then they get into it a few months down the line and start doing lots of other stuff...

and end up with as little free time as they had when they were working ;)

Yeah, that crossed my mind, but 139 miles with a puppy ruled that one out. Gotta wait for the stepson to get home so the dog won't shit in the house.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

And then they get into it a few months down the line and start doing lots of other stuff...

and end up with as little free time as they had when they were working

I'm counting on that to happen. There is, after all, only so much time I can spend in a sushi bar.;)

Yeah, well, the granddaughter is 9, and the two grandsons are 1. So, pop-pop is gonna get a workout.

Yeah, maybe that would calm her down. Maybe I could make a video of her stumbling around drunk and put it on AFV. Then again, I'd probably incur the wrath of the SPCA and get written up.

Hmmmmm, mall walking with the old biddies, huh? Well, I'm only 45, they'd probably think I'm a kid or something.

and I'm bored already. You'd think after 26 years in the Baltimore County Fire dep., I'd be ready for AT LEAST a month off

Retired after 29 years with SBFD 11 years ago and have yet to be bored.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

and I'm bored already. You'd think after 26 years in the Baltimore County Fire dep., I'd be ready for AT LEAST a month off

Retired after 29 years with SBFD 11 years ago and have yet to be bored.

Sparky
you must be REALLY old Sparky:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Start traveling, see the world, not the tourist spots, get into some out of the way places. Or you could got to the DZ and ask to run manifest. That should fuck up your day
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Oh, no, not manifest. ANYTHING but manifest. Besides the plane is down right now so even that isn't an option.

Take a long road trip. Go maybe from coast to coast. I too once was bored because i had broken foot so I decided to drive from Tampa, Fl to Chicago then went to DC and back to Tampa in 8 days (Dec 30th - Jan 6th) It was fun driving through snow storms (considering that I've never seen snow before that timeB|). It Was second best thing I have ever done after skydiving.

On another occasion, I took a friend and decided to get to Chicago from Tampa in the shortest time possible. We did it in 15 hours and 26 minutes.

I know that gas is expensive and all, but it will be cheaper than doing other things

Thank you for your service:)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

I'd do that in a minute if I could find enough IAFF members who weren't chickenshit about skydiving. It seems my brothers in arms just can't get past the part about leaving the plane. Funny, coming from a bunch that will run head first into a burning building that they know absolutely nothing about and not think twice. But the sheer mention of a skydive that is planned, rehearsed, equipped and would be canceled if all is not well, well that's just plain crazy. Go figure.