jhilden

Helmet recommendation for a new jumper

Hey everyone, I have about 35 jumps and I am looking into getting a helmet, I don't need anything fancy, just something comfortable that will do the job and won't cost me $400.

I like the look of 2K's FF1, the reviews on the webpage of good and it's not too pricy. Would you recommend this helmet to a new jumper who has just done relative work up to this point and will continue to just do that for a while?

Thanks everyone,
cheers!

As someone who jumps an FF1 I would highly recommend it! Just make sure you go through a dealer, there are a few advertising at a significant discount in the classifieds here, to get the best price possible.
Hope this helps...
Miami

I bought a Bonehead Optik for myself at about 30 jumps and love it. Now I obviously don't have any experience with other helmets, so I fall into the "what I bought is the best" category... but it's a damn fine helmet.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I'd recommend Bonehead helmets. Made in U.S. Easier to get service than out of U.S. companies if your in U.S.They have a good variety for every skydiving application. Good service. Replaceable liners which also means that if you buy a used shell and replace the liner it'll feel like new again, and can be better molded to your head. For RW you may go with the full face model with flip up visor for superior protection. Pro-Tec is the good 'ol tried and true and least expensive. Get good protection. Buy a really nice one and keep it for a very long time.

I bought a black Pro-tec ($40), and was hugely surprised at how durable it is and how sharp and glossy it actually looks. It fits like it was made for me, too. So if you're not looking into buying audibles, etc., in the near future and want to save some serious money for now, that might be the way to go.
"DOOR!!!"

I "stole" my first helmet (a protec) from my boyfriend and painted it so it didn't look like puke anymore. I knew I would have it just until I found a replacement. Unfortunately, that took a while. I found that with the protec, my audible was not loud enough since the helmet wasn't keeping the noise out and it was mounted on the outside of the helmet.

Tried on just about every helmet I could find at a number of DZs and WFFC and decided on a Cookie Composites. I just got it and I hope it feels as comfy in the sky as it does in my living room.

Blue ones, and good luck!
It isn't what it could be, or it what it should be, it is what it is.

Thanks for the advice everything, I actually got a neptune for xmas but don't plan on using it as an audible for a while on recommendation of one of my instructors. I think I'll look hard into getting the pimp daddy, it's about $50 than the last one I was looking at but I like the moldable liner and the customer service from a US company.

Thanks again everyone!!