happythoughts

international drinkers

Last night I went to the Crystal in Zhills (the hotbed of international intrigue). A couple was asked for IDs to verify their age. The people had drivers licenses from overseas (Oz, I think).

They were told that they had to either have a Fla drivers license or a passport to verify their identity/age.
They couldn't get served. :S

We were told, "They should know this."

"Ummm... what?" Like the drinking rules in Florida are published world-wide. :S

I don't even know what they are and I live here.

There used to be a DZ in Granbury TX where I spent most weekends. Most of the local gas stations wouldn't sell me beer with a Lousianna license, a Canadian license OR my Canadian passport. They said that a TX ID or military ID was necessary according to TX law. The local chief of police was a jumper at that DZ and said that was bullshit, but I still had only two or three choices in town where I could buy beer on a regular basis.
I got nuthin

There used to be a DZ in Granbury TX where I spent most weekends. Most of the local gas stations wouldn't sell me beer with a Lousianna license, a Canadian license OR my Canadian passport. They said that a TX ID or military ID was necessary according to TX law. The local chief of police was a jumper at that DZ and said that was bullshit, but I still had only two or three choices in town where I could buy beer on a regular basis.

We have 8 seasonal employees that work on my crew at varying times of year, usually from outside of Texas. In my experience with them they've been turned down with an out of state license at least 75% of the time.
Killing threads since 2004.

A 12 year old will have a beer with his dinner in Belgium, if he asks for one. The bartender will probably laugh at him and serve him his beer.

I'm not saying that's a thing to be proud off, but I can't fathom the thought of 12 year olds being able to buy a shotgun whereas 20 year olds can't have a beer. Madness...