apollard24

Tattoo Removal

PM Brains. His WIFE (hehe, still fun saying that about him) had a tat removed last year (or was it the year before). Eitherway it was high tech and didn't take a specially trained team of midgets with butter knives like the technology previous.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

...and didn't take a specially trained team of midgets with butter knives...

Butter Knives??? :o

NOW ya tell me ~~~ BUTTER knives!? :SB|

I thought you said something about Rusty Bayonets before! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

First, I handle pain very, very well. I have several tattoos and multiple piercings. I've had the removal done - twice actually. The first time was 12 years ago and the technology was not quite was it is today and did nothing but make the skin under the ink swell and stay that way for 9 years. Then I tried again 3 years ago with a different technique (an isolated laserlight technique). I ended up with some significant scarring, but probably more because of what happened from the first time. It didn't hurt during the process, but was excrutiating for about 4 weeks after and very painful for about 8 weeks after that. The tattoo was over my ribs and I would have these outrageous sharp pangs that would temporarily stun me for several seconds at a time. I passed out twice from the pain changing the bandages. I had to wear these special bandages for about 4 months after and they were not cheap. The lotion I had to wear under the bandages burned like a bitch! To top it all off, I still have a decent amount of ink left and it looks like braille now.

I know it depends on skin type and ink how a person and the tattoo will respond, but unless you are dead set on getting it completely removed, you might want to get it covered with a different tattoo...

I've done it 3 sessions worth- and the tattoo is still there- it's still fully black and they didn't remove any of it. After the third session - I figured I put it on for a reason and there isn't any thing worth removing it.

Its more painful to get it removed than getting a tattoo on.

Think of hard snapping rubber bands plus burning sensation.

Or hot needles popping at your skin. Its not a continuous laser but bursts of "pops" Remember how you had your tattoo covered in bractracin or what ever you used?

You have to do the same after every session.

It's quite expensive depending on how many sessions/and the intensity of the laser they are using. Its not uncommon to have 15 treatmens before removing the tattoo. Most doctors will say less to keep you ambitious but its much more....

Green and white are the hardest to remove from your skin,

Best is to do a LOT of research on it.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

Wow sounds like you went through a lot! The tattoo is a small one on my arm and I will think about getting it covered up but I would love to have it removed. After hearing your story I will take lots of time to think on this. Im just tired of looking at this tat everyday. Ready for it to be gone.
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

Mine is definitely lighter now, but given that I paid almost $2000, it should be completely gone! I've seen ads for Wrecking Balm, but am always a little skeptical about things like that. I called them once and the woman on the other end was too pushy and I wanted more info.

It sounds like banesura got the treatment like what I had the first time round. I went for multiple sessions and saw no relief and it felt like rubber bands snapping. My second round treatment I was completely numbed for (20 pokes in my side!) and felt nothing, but did smell my skin burning at one point.

Good luck and sorry I have nothing good to say!

Do you have a pic of the tat and an idea of what you want to get (if any) to cover it up?. Ive designed a couple of coverups and they can look really good if done properly. The major thing with a coverup is... are you covering it with something you are going to want to remove in a few years as well? :)

.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

I just used the Magic Wand Home Tattoo Removal System™. Worked like a charm:)

The Magic Wand should not be used to remove tattoos in the groin region.

Always read the fine print! :o

:D:D:D

My favorite " The Burn says its working"

Just looks like you where abused as a child with a hot iron !!!! :)
Replacing a tatto with a BRAND.....Nice!:)

I just used the Magic Wand Home Tattoo Removal System™. Worked like a charm:)

The Magic Wand should not be used to remove tattoos in the groin region.

Always read the fine print! :o

My favorite " The Burn says its working"

Just looks like you where abused as a child with a hot iron !!!! :)
Replacing a tatto with a BRAND.....Nice!:)

Brands / piercings are the new tattoos....didn't you hear? ALL the cool kids are doing it!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Not me but my yrs ago my cousin used sand paper and a razor blade to take his girl friends name off his arm. I tried to talk him out of putting it on his arm in the first place cuz he was 15 but I was informed that it was TRUE LOVE and they would be together forever. It lasted aprox. 4 weeks.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I'm having three small tattoos on my hands removed. I've had two sessions now and they're definitely lighter and a couple of small spots
have been removed altogether. I imagine it will take somewhere between six and ten sessions to be completely removed. Also black ink is the easiest to remove, light colors are the worst as they reflect the lazer more. Also it hurts like a bastard, I decided not to bother with the numbing cream last time as I didn't want to wait half an hour but I'll never do that again. Spitting fat and a snapping rubbing band are all right x 10. It costs $100 a session and that's for all three tattoos. Hope that helps.

I have had 2 removed via laser. It was extremely painful, but it worked flawlessly. Both tats were solid black and both are completely gone. No scaring to speak of. The best advice I can give you is to spend the money and go to a good high end dermatologist to get it done. Don't go to a hack or you will end up with scars and it will look awful. Mine was a very high end doc and he charged me a buttload of money but it was worth every penny.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

The girlfriend never came back but after the scabs were gone the heart was still there but the name was faint but still there and still is after 30 yrs:D.

hardly something to laugh at him about...

People need to know about all this before permanently marring their skin for life.

of course, now some places have tattoos that are supposed to be easily removed (encapsulated ink that can be broken with a simple technique). I hope somethng like that becomes standard someday.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The girlfriend never came back but after the scabs were gone the heart was still there but the name was faint but still there and still is after 30 yrs:D.

hardly something to laugh at him about...

People need to know about all this before permanently marring their skin for life.

of course, now some places have tattoos that are supposed to be easily removed (encapsulated ink that can be broken with a simple technique). I hope somethng like that becomes standard someday.

Im afraid it is funny.....People who dont think before getting Tattoos always brings a wee smile to my face. All encapsulated ink will do is make people think Tattoos arnt permanent which is not the attitude to have when preparing to get ink done!

Tattoos last longer than the majority of marriages these days and if you met a engaged couple that told you.... We can always get a divorce if we dont like it..... you would look at them and just shake your head....Just like i do when a lot of people tell me flippantly "I might get a Tattoo today, I was thinking about it all last night.... And Jennys getting one so we can get it done together"......[:/]

How about everyone THINKS before getting a tattoo... The amount of little boys and girls i see lining up at the tattooist to get work that is quite frankly shit amazes me..... Getting crap on there hands and arms and then bitching cos they are getting discriminated against when they go for a job!!!:S

People just need to stop treating tats like a piercing. I have 4 so far and i cant see me eEVER getting them removed, Why because i took ages planning and designing tats that wernt going to look shit in the future, Meant something, NO names unless its your Kids (or dog;)), And could be hidden with a shirt if needed ( no hand wrists)

Im going in next week to get my fifth... a Thai protection Tattoo on my Belly
Prayer and ink are blessed but for a change im getting it done in UV ink!
It means you will not be able to see it unless you shine a UV lght over it...;).. If someone wants to see it just take the little uv light from your key ring and Bobs your uncle...

But even though you cant see it the protection of the tat is still there and i wont die!!!! .... EVER!!!!