cocheese

Dz.com rocket scientists

I am very surprised no one posted a reply. Every one thinks they're a rocket scientist.;)

I know I'm not a rocket scientist. But I TOTALLY could have been one. You know, like, if I'd wanted to be one. But I didn't so, you know, whatever. Working at Wendy's is way better for me.

;)

Elvisio "some days I wish I worked at Wendy's" Rodriguez

Will Skymama post pics from the driveway?

I was in Sebstian and saw it even better, but I didn't have the forethought to bring my camera or reserve a slot ahead of time on the shuttle load. DSE got to do a wingsuit jump on the load, maybe he'll post a picture. It was beautiful and I actually got to hear it over there.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I can't hear it at home, I can only see it. There was a time delay with the sound in Sebastian, it was really weird.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Sorry for the delay! Hadn't seen the thread.
Load was:
Scotty Burns (Organizer, photographer)
Mike Masheff (Spotter, wingsuit base)
Purple Mike (thankfully not spotting)
Myself (green guy, total newb, initial Sebastian experience)
Harry Parker (radical madman of ridiculous talent)

There were a few hop n' pops before us, and then our turn before a tandem. But...GreyMike held us in the door (thanks, Mike) because even though we'd been told the shuttle was lifting off, he could see it wasn't. I saw the rockets flame the second I got out the door. Had we been even a few seconds earlier, there is no way Scotty could have gotten the shots he got. We'd have been too low, and we started flying very hard right out of the door.

Due to a little adrenaline, the jump went slightly further over the ocean than planned, and slightly faster as we burned back towards land. Lessons learned on this jump:
~Have GreyMike take a valium before the jump; he was excited and between his skill and bigass soit, he flies FAST!
~Keep PurpleMike away from tandem students during intense jumps.
~Look before you leap
~Scotty Burns likes kisses on the cheek. KungFu Panda is lovable though.
~Harry is.....well.....Harry.
When out far over water, pay more attention to the land, direction, and altitude rather than watching the shuttle, because it's likely hard to swim in a wingsuit.
With the airlocks on a Tonysuit, I can't help but wonder if one really needs a flotation device?:D

Scotty was able to snarf a few good photos even though we were only in position for a few seconds before burning hard back towards the DZ.
Some have been submitted for pub, but he said this one could be shared.
Very appreciative of Scotty, GreyMike, PurplieMike, and Harry for allowing me to be a part of their very special (and historic) jump. Thanks guys! Beer was good, company was better. :D

Every one thinks they're a rocket scientist.

Or is one but argues til they're blue in the face on something they're wrong about. :D

Ha Ha. I thought we called a truce? :S;)

And you have to admit it was a fun argument....looking back on it at least....

Oh and my face doesn't turn blue...so there :P
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

And I work (in process control now) on the on-orbit shuttle onboard computer software.

Does that make me a rocket scientist, or just a geek? I was doing mission monitoring duty this morning...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

In reply to the space suit. you can go to our parent companies home page. Look under UTC, (united technologies company) you should be able to locate a pic there with our company logo on the shoulder (hamilton sundstrand) cannot get you a employee discount:P (though i doubt any of us could afford even a glove), tomorrow is my last day, they are moving all of the manufacturing to signapore, and i am being "laid off" (permanetly). on a side note we had been doing a debug on a part for a unknown MIL application only referred to as "BLACKHOLE". part was similar in shape and size to the gearbox we do for the new raptor.

My inner child is a mean little fucker