ACMESkydiver

Fitness Updates! May 30th - June 5th!

I didn't work out yesterday due to time constraints...no truck to get to the gym, no time to get my 5 mile walk in because the caregiver decided not to show up. :S

Anyhoo, no workout today, either! :o:$ I had those mesotherapy injections into my neck/traps & doc said no overhead movement -he didn't specify how long, so I'm going to see if MAYBE I can squeeze in some 'me' time and workout tomorrow.

-Honestly, I'm kinda doubting it, though. Derick is competing in 2 events in Special Olympics state finals tomorrow at Ft. Lewis (GO DERICK!! :)

HOW ARE Y'ALL DOING?! Hiking? Biking? Soccer? Fit tests? Lifting? Classes? 'AntiGym'? Shout about it! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I tried a kickboxing class on Thursday and I'm going to try to incorporate into my workout routine every week. Made it to the gym 4 times this week. Cardio twice and abs twice, plus legs and upper body. Would love to make it to the gym 5 times a week. So that is what I'll be striving for when I get back from Skyfest. I have a feeling eating healthy and working out is going to be tough there!

Today's ride:

Garmin Training Center summary:http://shell.dim.com/~ryoder/estes-park-gtc.png

Google Earth snapshot:http://shell.dim.com/~ryoder/estes-park-google-earth.png

Legs pretty much gave out halfway up the climb to Estes Park, but I finished it anyway.[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

When do we get to see pics of the new you?

About 30 more pounds or 15% lower body fat. Whichever comes first. 'Now' pics look much like what I used to jump at, so it won't look any different to people that knew me. :S

I gained a bunch of weight when I dropped off the grid for a while...I just lost that plus a tiny bit more so I'm about where I used to be. The before pics showing me bigger than anyone here had EVER seen me won't be posted until I have another 30 pounds off to feel human again.

I just saw a pic of little Derick and I at Special Olympics today and I wanted to throw out the cameras. :S:S[:/] -Well, at least my lil' man looked handsome! :)
~Jaye

I didn't work out yesterday due to time constraints...no truck to get to the gym, no time to get my 5 mile walk in because the caregiver decided not to show up. :S

Anyhoo, no workout today, either! :o:$ I had those mesotherapy injections into my neck/traps & doc said no overhead movement -he didn't specify how long, so I'm going to see if MAYBE I can squeeze in some 'me' time and workout tomorrow.

-Honestly, I'm kinda doubting it, though. Derick is competing in 2 events in Special Olympics state finals tomorrow at Ft. Lewis (GO DERICK!! :)

HOW ARE Y'ALL DOING?! Hiking? Biking? Soccer? Fit tests? Lifting? Classes? 'AntiGym'? Shout about it! :)

Today's ride:

Crazy fucker... :P

B|

BTW I did it on a 30-pound mountain bike, (semi-smooth tires, no suspension).:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

BTW I did it on a 30-pound mountain bike

Oh well then, let me retract my previous insult, and replace it with this:

Crazy stupid fucker... :P:D

B|

As Billy Bob Thorton said to Sean Penn in "U Turn":

"Thar yeh go, tryin' to sweet talk me agin'."
:D

OK so last week, because of the holiday, busy work schedule and out of town guests, I only manage two workouts and I ate way too much bad food. I'm scared to get on my scale to see the damage! DOH! But, I'll get back on track this week I SWEAR!

But a funny thing is happening here at the office. All of the sudden, it seems like a lot of my co-workers are joining gyms and hiring personal trainers. I'm used to the fad diet trends that hit the office from time to time, but exercise? Go figure .............

I found out yesterday that I seem to have lost 4 lbs in the past week. I did do 2 longer hard rides on my bike.

That is officially the notice for me to start eating more, a lot more. I had reached my goal 6 pounds ago.;)

Congrats! Good job on finding your tipping point...

...oh and PS- I want that notice! I want that notice! [jumping up and down] :ph34r:
~Jaye

OK so last week, because of the holiday, busy work schedule and out of town guests, I only manage two workouts and I ate way too much bad food. I'm scared to get on my scale to see the damage! DOH! But, I'll get back on track this week I SWEAR!

But a funny thing is happening here at the office. All of the sudden, it seems like a lot of my co-workers are joining gyms and hiring personal trainers. I'm used to the fad diet trends that hit the office from time to time, but exercise? Go figure .............

I blew it last week too...really bad stuff. I'm trying to end this spiral this morning, but I'm failing miserably. :S

You can get back on it, though! I'll get there too...but I need to sleep right now just real quick. No, must do the dishes then I'll sleep...30 minutes. Any longer than that and it might interfere with my sleep study tonight. :P

I guess an exercise trend going through an office can only be a good thing. :)
~Jaye

The "exercise trend" is just kind of odd. I doubt I have much to do with it, but who knows? Maybe they see someone in my age group really making the effort and getting results and realize if I can do it, they can too. But, I'll have to see how long it lasts because most people don't have the patience to work at it and wait for results. The last "trend" involved eating/ drinking nothing but water with lemon, honey and chile powder for something like 10 days- I am NOT kidding! At least half a dozen women in the office tried it and most of them didn't last a day! :D I just shook my head when they were talking about it and wished them luck. Been there, done that, and lasted about as long too!:$

11 miles and a few thousand feet of up and down, almost all with full pack weight, over the weekend. Was pleased that I managed to pass up numerous spots on the climb up that I had to stop at the last time I was on that trail, and am very pleased that my calves are only a bit sore today and my quads are fine.

5-6 flat miles with 20 pounds around town today. And tomorrow. And the next day...

The "exercise trend" is just kind of odd. I doubt I have much to do with it, but who knows? Maybe they see someone in my age group really making the effort and getting results and realize if I can do it, they can too. But, I'll have to see how long it lasts because most people don't have the patience to work at it and wait for results. The last "trend" involved eating/ drinking nothing but water with lemon, honey and chile powder for something like 10 days- I am NOT kidding! At least half a dozen women in the office tried it and most of them didn't last a day! :D I just shook my head when they were talking about it and wished them luck. Been there, done that, and lasted about as long too!:$

Shannon tried to get me to do that one God bless her soul...and I laster prolly about a day and a half. :P I'm sure it would have done wonders had I had the iwllpower for it...but alas. :D
~Jaye

11 miles and a few thousand feet of up and down, almost all with full pack weight, over the weekend. Was pleased that I managed to pass up numerous spots on the climb up that I had to stop at the last time I was on that trail, and am very pleased that my calves are only a bit sore today and my quads are fine.

5-6 flat miles with 20 pounds around town today. And tomorrow. And the next day...

...I think the army soldiers just got jealous! ;)
~Jaye

I lost 3lbs after the first week of working out with my lifestyle consultants at the Antigym.

I love it, but its f*cking intense workouts....can't wait for tomorrow!!

I do it 3 days a week at 5 am and have SO much energy after that, its awesome....
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

OK so I have to post this. I worked upper body tonight with my trainer. I was doing these lat pull downs, arms extended out on both sides, pulling down and I was standing in front of a mirror. I said to my trainer- "Damn, I like this machine. It makes me look like I have muscles!" He says "You DO have muscles!" I'm still not sure it wasn't just the machine but I have NEVER seen that kind of definition in my arms and shoulders before, EVER!:)
On the flip side, I GAINED another pound, I still have flabby triceps, and I still can't do an unassisted pull up but actually seeing real progress in my upper body just made my night!

I'm doing very well.....going to the gym more & more often on a consistent basis, and the results are starting to show - while at the DZ this passed weekend people were even commenting on how good I look. B|:$

I haven't changed my routine; still doing upper & lower body, every other day. I'd like to start swimming again though - but, it's very difficult to go swim in the morning, go to work (granted I have a non-physical sales job) & go back to the gym in the evening to do the strength training.

On a side note...my friend (an older gentleman) was just measuring his blood pressure - so - for curiosities sake I also measured mine. It was 118/68, with a heart rate 0f 54. My friend told that it's very evident that I work out because those #'s reflect someone who is athletic. So, I guess that's good...

But - the-not-so-good thing is that I've been very low on energy the last few days & thus very tired. It's not uncommon for me to sleep 7-8 hours a night, wake up, and go right back to sleep within an hour for a good part of the day...:|:S[:/] Also, for whatever reason I don't have much of an appetite the last 2 days.

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Monday - did my cardio and upper body weight training.
Tuesday - took a super fast walk on the treadmill for 2.25 miles then did a killer workout on the lower body. My legs/thighs are so sore today, but it's that good accomplished kinda sore. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I lost 3lbs after the first week of working out with my lifestyle consultants at the Antigym.

I love it, but its f*cking intense workouts....can't wait for tomorrow!!

I do it 3 days a week at 5 am and have SO much energy after that, its awesome....

I'm jealous. :ph34r: Glad you found what works for ya!
~Jaye

OK so I have to post this. I worked upper body tonight with my trainer. I was doing these lat pull downs, arms extended out on both sides, pulling down and I was standing in front of a mirror. I said to my trainer- "Damn, I like this machine. It makes me look like I have muscles!" He says "You DO have muscles!" I'm still not sure it wasn't just the machine but I have NEVER seen that kind of definition in my arms and shoulders before, EVER!:)
On the flip side, I GAINED another pound, I still have flabby triceps, and I still can't do an unassisted pull up but actually seeing real progress in my upper body just made my night!

WOO-HOO!!! Keep going! B|

My Monday was a 'plan B' day...:P so I did my plan B workout (minimal).

Yesterday I did a step n' lift class, and still had to do no weights or only 3lb dumbells for the entire class (accept triceps/biceps; I got to 5lbs on those).

Still not maxing these out, but I had to take it low level due to some stupid ol' medical junk still. :P
~Jaye

I'm doing very well.....going to the gym more & more often on a consistent basis, and the results are starting to show - while at the DZ this passed weekend people were even commenting on how good I look. B|:$

I haven't changed my routine; still doing upper & lower body, every other day. I'd like to start swimming again though - but, it's very difficult to go swim in the morning, go to work (granted I have a non-physical sales job) & go back to the gym in the evening to do the strength training.

On a side note...my friend (an older gentleman) was just measuring his blood pressure - so - for curiosities sake I also measured mine. It was 118/68, with a heart rate 0f 54. My friend told that it's very evident that I work out because those #'s reflect someone who is athletic. So, I guess that's good...

Yippee!! :)

But - the-not-so-good thing is that I've been very low on energy the last few days & thus very tired. It's not uncommon for me to sleep 7-8 hours a night, wake up, and go right back to sleep within an hour for a good part of the day...:|:S[:/] Also, for whatever reason I don't have much of an appetite the last 2 days.

You might have caught a virus...[:/]
~Jaye