duroejc

Soooo Stimulated- $36.40 worth of Govt joy

Just saw my economic stimulus payment was deposited. A whopping $36.40 WTF- That's not enough to stimulate a bowel movement. Let me see- can't get a tank of gas, could take my qualifying childeren to Micky-Ds- but I probably couldn't eat my self, One jump and a pack job with enough left for a soda maybe. What pisses me off the most is that it most likely cost several times that amount to process that payment. No stimulation just a further drain on the system.

It's $36.40 more than I'm getting.
I'm getting a big fat "nothing"

No shit? That's the same thing I'm getting!:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

How's that possible? I thought the minimum was $300 before it dropped to zero.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I only have 3 kids- but they aren't happy meal types. Usually the custom delux quiz bang specialty meals with a milk shake. It adds up quickly.

Quit catering to their every whim. You're going to spoil them rotten. Then they'll grow up to be gimmee brats that expect everything to be handed to them.

Give them a meal budget of $5 each, and tell them that's it. Period. Such lessons will serve them well later in life.

well, at least my wife's ring is now paid off. thanks uncle sam. :D I dissaproved of the stimulous checks, but i can't complain about free money. shoot, i'm surprised that it was not taxed :ph34r:

Do you suppose we'll have to report it as income on this year's tax return?

I wouldn't be surprised. . even though it is our money, *and the people who made more money than me* money. I'm sure they will find a way to tax it. .. just like how in california they make it near impossible to use a car running off of vegitable oil.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

>I dissaproved of the stimulous checks, but i can't complain about free money.

That's the problem. It ain't free. It's no more "free money" than the money they give away at payday advance places.

This is going to cost future generations a lot more than just 600 each
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

No, it is not taxable. I believe it is designed as a reduction to the increase in social security taxes, like the one a couple of years ago, because they raised the level of income that falls under the Social security wage base, but i might be wrong.

From the IRS website:

What is it? It's an economic stimulus payment that more than 130 million households will receive starting in May. It's not taxable, and it won't reduce your 2007 or 2008 refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

Are you eligible? The vast majority of people who file a 2007 income tax return qualify, and many who don't regularly file a tax return may qualify as well. You're eligible if you have a valid Social Security Number (SSN), can't be claimed as a dependent on a tax return and have either an income tax liability or "qualifying income" of at least $3,000. Qualifying income includes any combination of earned income and certain benefits from Social Security, Veterans Affairs or Railroad Retirement. Additional information is below, and a full legal description is available in Revenue Procedure 2008-21.

Both people listed on a "married filing jointly" return must have valid SSNs to qualify for the payment — if only one has a valid SSN, neither can receive the payment.

Not eligible at the current time? If you're not eligible this year but you become eligible next year, you can claim the economic stimulus payment next year on your 2008 tax return.

How do you get it? Just file a a federal tax return for 2007, even if you normally don't have to because your income usually doesn't meet the filing threshhold. You can't get it if you don't file.

That's more my point- $36.40, $300, or $1200 won't change my life one bit. I'd rather have the money (AND the cost to process) go to reducing debt.

Then send it back to the IRS and say "Thanks but no thanks."
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I wish there had been a check box form where I could have selected "use this money to pay down the national debt instead of sending it to me."

You know, they do accept donations.;)

I wouldn't mind paying down the Nat. Debt if they just wouldn't spend it on so many stupid things.:S

That's more my point- $36.40, $300, or $1200 won't change my life one bit. I'd rather have the money (AND the cost to process) go to reducing debt.

Then send it back to the IRS and say "Thanks but no thanks."

I could- but I'm sure the logistics of doing so would cost exponentially more than the amount I give back.

>I dissaproved of the stimulous checks, but i can't complain about free money.

That's the problem. It ain't free. It's no more "free money" than the money they give away at payday advance places.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.....oh wait.....[:/]
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I got $600... probably due to that extravagant paycheck I get from uncle sam twice a month.

You too, huh?:D

Yea, I just got a notice saying I should get it by 16 May.

I'll take whatever they wanna give me (back).
My photos

My Videos