GLIDEANGLE

Texas Jump Safety Early Spring 2010

Fellow Texans…

We have started out the warm season poorly. By my count, in the last two weeks we have had at LEAST the following:

--One death due to turbulence induced canopy collapse
--Two separate CReW incidents with serious injury related to flying downplanes really low
--One low pull / AAD fire / two out / NON-injury incident (not published here in dz.com incidents)

We all need to take a breath and look at the situation. We need to individually & collectively look at what we are doing and what we can do better.

Let’s look out for each other!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

What about Flordia, Georgia, Spain, S. Africa, Washington, Missouri, Poland and all the other incidents?

It's not limited to Texas, and the stuff reported on DZ.com probably makes up a fraction of what happens. We just start our season earlier/never end our season.

Wait till the yankees start jumping in earnest.

Fellow Texans…

We have started out the warm season poorly. By my count, in the last two weeks we have had at LEAST the following:

--One death due to turbulence induced canopy collapse
--Two separate CReW incidents with serious injury related to flying downplanes really low
--One low pull / AAD fire / two out / NON-injury incident (not published here in dz.com incidents)

We all need to take a breath and look at the situation. We need to individually & collectively look at what we are doing and what we can do better.

Let’s look out for each other!

So if we "look out for each other" people will stop being stupid? Not seeing it.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

So if we "look out for each other" people will stop being stupid? Not seeing it.

Wass up-Chuck?

I got your back Chuck

(you will act as my airbag..)
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

What about Flordia, Georgia, Spain, S. Africa, Washington, Missouri, Poland and all the other incidents?

I'm sure he's just providing a warning based upon the incidents that he knows of personally, and the drop zones nearby. I don't think you should accuse him of not caring about skydivers anywhere else outside of Texas.

I'm sure he's just providing a warning based upon the incidents that he knows of personally, and the drop zones nearby. I don't think you should accuse him of not caring about skydivers anywhere else outside of Texas.

There's skydiving outside of Texas? Hmm, go figure...
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

There's skydiving outside of Texas? Hmm, go figure...

:ph34r:
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX