soulshine

Moving to Amsterdam!

So... it's been a while since I've actively posted here and I barely recognize a lot of the people on here now!

But, for those that are "old-timers" or I met while on the road... just wanted to let you guys know that I'm moving to Amsterdam!

I quit my job in Eloy and moved back to NC to finish school. After a semester I decided that I hate having roots anywhere so I've picked up my nomadic lifestyle again and applied for a study abroad program. The silly fuckers actually accepted me at the University of Amsterdam!! Wooohooo!!!

So... adios USA!

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

So... it's been a while since I've actively posted here and I barely recognize a lot of the people on here now!

But, for those that are "old-timers" or I met while on the road... just wanted to let you guys know that I'm moving to Amsterdam!

I quit my job in Eloy and moved back to NC to finish school. After a semester I decided that I hate having roots anywhere so I've picked up my nomadic lifestyle again and applied for a study abroad program. The silly fuckers actually accepted me at the University of Amsterdam!! Wooohooo!!!

So... adios USA!

Dont smoke too much
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Welcome to Amsterdam, the promised city of opportunities.

Seriously though, there are several dropzones within travelling distance of Amsterdam.
I receommend you jsimply try them all out before selecting Hilversum :P

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Texel and Teuge are the 2 most important DZ

I think the people from the "unimportant" DZs would beg to differ.. :P
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Texel and Teuge are the 2 most important DZ

I think the people from the "unimportant" DZs would beg to differ.. :P

En in het nederlands?

Ik vind dat je tegen potentiele klanten eerlijk moet zijn. Permanente hoogtebeperking en lange busritten, zijn in de springwereld niet normaal dit soort bijzondere situaties moet je ook eerlijk vertellen aan potentiele bezoekers.

Ik heb makkelijk praten, ik spring alleen in duitsland uit een caravan en 2 minuten lopen naar de vouwmat (www.sky-fun.de)
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

Hi Soulshine,

in case you don't already know; make sure to visit the Isle of Texel north of Amsterdam, it's where Paracentrum Texel is located. I just did my AFF there.

Have a great time in Amsterdam!

FYI: www.paracentrumtexel.nl

Well there are certain aspects to be discovered in amsterdam making you (temporary) unfit for skydiving:ph34r:
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

OP, sorry for hijacking your thread so. Maybe if a moderator feels it's necessary, the "political" parts can be split off to a more appropriate forum.

En in het nederlands?

I have no problem with you saying that in English, though the thought is appreciated:
[Quote]
I think you should be honest to your potential customers; permanent altitude restrictions and long transit times are not normal in the skydiving world and should always be told to potential visitors

Easy for me to say, I only jump in Germany, out of a caravan followed by a two minute walk to the packing mat

As long as the final word isn't in on that altitude restriction (6k), I refuse to believe it's permanent. As you may have read on the KNVvL site, the letter giving notification of said altitude restriction, effective "end of March" was sent on March 26.
The DZ management of the affected clubs are doing what they can to turn the tide, and the KNVvL has promised to help us too.

And face it - as soon as the first DZs have been bullied away by Schiphol, the rest will follow soon enough. Even Texel and Teuge. It may take one year or three before The Letter is delivered, but I guess we have all seen how well LVNL and Schiphol keep their promises.

You're right that long bus rides are not common in skydiving, but without knocking other DZs I can safely say that there are 'special circumstances' on all DZs in all countries; circumstances, that can easily be worked around I might add.
For instance, weekdays we can jump on the airfield itself. And should you find yourself on the Student's DZ because you were needed to fill up a load, well - just bring a pull trough..
~mom

Boys, boys, boys.... let's keep this thread for what it was intended for... ME!! If you would like to have a discussion about dz politics then start your own thread! ;)

To all the others that replied or sent me pm's... thanks for the advise and good thoughts! I am incredibly excited.

~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

How's little Kismet doing?

Good luck and enjoy your time in Amsterdam.

Kismet is still a little shit, as ever, but she's doing great. I have decided to take her with me! 2 little bitches on the run in Holland! B|

~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Hi Soulshine,

in case you don't already know; make sure to visit the Isle of Texel north of Amsterdam, it's where Paracentrum Texel is located. I just did my AFF there.

Have a great time in Amsterdam!

And if/when you do, say hi to the guy managing the place, Rutger Platenburg, he is a high school classmate of mine.