klingeme

Ultimate Fighter this year

Is anyone else watching it this year? I think everyone on Rampage's team (most who lost in the first round) are at a HUGE disadvantage because he (Rampage) sleeps during the training sessions and the only thing you ever hear him saying from the corner is "Get Up!!!". To call this coaching is a joke. i think Dana picked a real loser as far as his coaching skills. He wants to be all of their "Best Friend" rather than coach.

Mark Klingelhoefer

Oh, c'mon. They showed him sleeping in only one episode! :P

I think Forest's team is doing an excellent job training these fighters but I also think Juanito is a damn good coach as well. As for Rampage, he's a great entertainer!! :D I still love the guy!

~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

Rampage admitted that he had no idea how to coach that's why his training team is there. Forrest admitted the same thing but he has more of a disciplined PERSONAL training ethic so it shoulodnt surprise anyone that Forrest in more hands on with his guys.

I think they are both doing the best they know how to.

Unfortunately, I think Rampage will win. And as much as I like Quentin I prefer Forrest to win, simply because it'd be a great story; From season 1 to champ.

Forrest has come leaps and bounds in his game (stand up AND GnP) but unless he has improved 2 fold I think Rampage will win, though not easily.

As far as the TUF fighters I think Jesse has a good shot. I was suprised the Matt Browning lost. Amir put on a great fight
My photos

My Videos

I was suprised the Matt Browning lost. Amir put on a great fight

Dana was right about Amir's jaw, but Matt didn't land many hits that weren't at least partially blocked. Both fighters gassed early though. Surprising for Matt's experience level.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I was suprised the Matt Browning lost. Amir put on a great fight

Dana was right about Amir's jaw, but Matt didn't land many hits that weren't at least partially blocked. Both fighters gassed early though. Surprising for Matt's experience level.

No kidding. I like them both so I couldn't root for either.[:/] But Amir will be my favorite choice to win for the rest of the season!
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I haven't seen the past two (I don't have cable, so I have to watch it when I visit family.) However, I'm a big fan of this season because of the way it started out. Having guys fight to get on the show just makes good sense considering the previous season's disappointments. As far as Rampage's coaching...well, he's not fantastic, but he's still better than Ken Shamrock's coaching.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I wish I had tv just for this show:(
I'd like to see Forrest beat Jackson as well.

Anyone see the kimbo/thompson fight? I'm watching it on youtube now. Lots of people saying it was fixed?

Edited to add:
watched the rest of that kimbo fight. I don't think it was fixed like I heard, but it was a BS call on the early stop. The conditioning for both of them was pathetic.

----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

That was a SLUGFEST. Iron chin on Jens. I thought the judges were a little harsh. I think 2 of them scored it 22-30 and one 25-30. I think the 3 rounds of 8 are a little harsh.

I don't know what you were watching, but a score of 30 would be pretty bad since the Faber/Pulver fight was 5 rounds. The only person to ever score an 8 for 3 rounds was Kalib Starnes during his 15 minutes of running from Nate Quarry.

The final scores from the 3 judges were 50-45, 50-44 and 50-44. Which means that 2 of the judges gave Pulver an 8 for one of the rounds and 9 for each of the other rounds. I don't think that's too harsh really, he did spend at least one round doing nothing but surviving and at one point made it obvious that he was just trying to stall on the ground so they would stand them back up.

Damn good fight overall though. I knew it would be a tough battle, but I didn't expect it to go to decision...

Dave

Your right, it was 5 rounds, I was thinking it was 50-42 from 2 judges. but I can buy the 50-44. It was late and I was only half watching the scoring considering that I had to be at work at 7:00 this morning. I agree that he was waiting out the one round.

All in all, I thought it was a great fight and Jens impressed me with his chin/endurance, but I think he is close to being finished. Faber is impressive as hell. While they are not quite the UFC, the WEC put on a good show.

Your right, it was 5 rounds, I was thinking it was 50-42 from 2 judges. but I can buy the 50-44. It was late and I was only half watching the scoring considering that I had to be at work at 7:00 this morning. I agree that he was waiting out the one round.

All in all, I thought it was a great fight and Jens impressed me with his chin/endurance, but I think he is close to being finished. Faber is impressive as hell. While they are not quite the UFC, the WEC put on a good show.

UFC does own them now....:)
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I haven't watched the WEC fights yet, but apparently my guy (Miguel Torres) had a great fight!

I haven't watched the WEC fights yet, but apparently my guy (Miguel Torres) had a great fight!

He was phenomenal! He fought with a lot of emotion for a while, you could tell he was pretty pissed off, but he got control and made a good show of it...

Dave

UFC does own them now....:)

Yeah but.......Just because Sierra Mist is made by Pepsi, it does not make it as marketable.

I actually enjoy the HDNet Fights too, but they are a far cry from what the UFC has.

If you watch WEC you will notice that the stage setup, lighting, monitors, and pretty much everything is identical to UFC. Really no noticeable difference except that they feature the lightweights a lot more and have featherweight and bantemweight division...

Dave

I woudlnt say it was a great fight. I would say it was afuckingmazing.

I didnt see the elite xc fight, I forgot all about. I was camping and I am so new with DVR that I didnt think to record it
[:/]
My photos

My Videos

I woudlnt say it was a great fight. I would say it was afuckingmazing.

Grrr...I probably won't be able to watch it until this weekend. Miguel is such an awesome guy....super nice, great instructor, works his freaking ass off....so, I'm really happy to see him doing so well! :)

I didnt see the elite xc fight, I forgot all about. I was camping and I am so new with DVR that I didnt think to record it
[:/]

You didn't miss anything other than them making a spectacle of the MMA sport in general...

Sad...they put on 2 events so far and both headlined by Kimbo. You would think being a big network, they could recruit some more fighters...:S
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

Maybe Kimbo can put on a mask and fight as the masked Slimbonian.
The mystery will get people talking about the sport and the vail of deception will make people keep watching when the fighters try to remove the mask.

B|

My photos

My Videos

Let me guess...you're a closet WWF fan? :ph34r:

Man, have you heard of the latest development in MMA? Affliction & Donald Trump teaming up together to promote the upcoming July event featuring Fedor vs Tim Silva? And then Tito maybe promoting his own MMA organization? Might become like the "pro"wrestling arena soon.... [:/]:S

~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com