Duckwater

What to do with old iPhone July 11?

Why not? Tell ya what.

I will give it to the person who comes up with the best reason for me to give it to them, real, embellished or completely fabricated. There are no rules.

Also comes with a Snoopy Silk tie my grandmother gave me for Christmas. It's too bad to re-gift.

ok, so here is the thing. I was going to get an iphone, but things went horrible wrong. It all started with a chain letter bulletin on myspace. it said that if I did not forward to 10 people, my best friend would die, and i would have horrible luck for 5 years. I deleted the bulletin and thought nothing of it; afterall, I just got off the phone with my best friend, and she had just purchased an iphone for a gift for me. On her way to bring me the phone, her car was hit by a 18-wheeler, and she was knocked off the road. luckily, she survived the car overturning, and landing back on it's wheels. As she was getting out of the car, my new iphone in her hand, a meteor fell out of the sky, hitting her straight through the chest. RIP. At her funeral viewing, I was going to get the phone from her family.
On the way to the funeral, I got a flat, and was running late. Fixed the flat, and got back on my way. my car then broke it's belt, so i was stranded.
This really was seaming like bad luck, but thankfully, a car pulled up, and I was leary, but saw a skydive Elsinore sticker on their bumber. whew! a skidiver. I get in, and accept the ride to the funeral. On the way, I found out dreadfully, that this was a one jump wonder. NOOOOOO. I finally get to the funeral, and my friend's mom is ready to hand me the phone. she trips, and the phone fell right into the coffin! this was not good.

I reached in to grab it, tripped at the startling image of my friend in the coffin, fell over, and her body went flying out! The phone flew into the holy water and fried.

Talk about bad luck. dead best friend, and no iphone to speak of. that chain letter was right.

now, here is the thing, If you don't copy and paste this to at least 10 of your friends, the same thing will happen to you.:D

CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

that is the worst part! boobies were involved!! my dead friends' very HOT friends were there. when she flew out of the coffin, panick ensued, and their tops came off somehow. I would have taken pictures, but well, my new iphone, was holy water soaked, and destroyed. :o[:/]

CSA #720

A few hints:

1. My parents ask me what I want for Xmas - I say nothing. I don't want anything.

2. Boobies are just a un-filtered Google click or 2 AM Cinemax away. Gotta do better than that.

3. I appreciate the creative and the world class bull-shitter. Kinda like Bush and his reasons for going to war.

4. I have tickets to Colbert Monday July 14. Im flying in Sunday, leaving Tuesday. Anyone in Manhattan has a hole card if they can show me and my friend I'm coming with a good time. (He's my best friends kid and only 20...so there are limitations....I get my free passes on American because of his Dad so I have shown the boy the world)

5. Anyone that gets BillVon to admit that I am smarter than him automatically wins.

A few hints:

5. Anyone that gets BillVon to admit that I am smarter than him automatically wins.

:D:ph34r::D I would love to stay and see some of the replies, buy my wonderful wife is ready for bed, and it is time to cuddle and hold her in my arms.

did i mention i already have cingular.. errr, att. whichever it is they go by now. ps. I'm really not too worried about getting your phone, i have an old beat up one that seams to work a lil more than half the time. It is just fun replying to your thread, and seeing what people come up with.

you know... what you could do. i think it would be funny.. take a hammer , a video camera, and record the demolition of the phone. post on youtube, and have fun with the comments people leave as they sit devistated that someone could do such a thing that means so much to them.
CSA #720

I'm clearly out of the loop here, but what happens on July 11 to make your current iPhone useless?

it will no longer be the latest and greatest thing on the market. and for lots of people, if its not the best thing out there, there's no point in having it.

I will give it to the person who comes up with the best reason for me to give it to them, real, embellished or completely fabricated. There are no rules.

You should give it to me.

The fact that I want it is the best possible reason anybody could possibly come up with.

I'll PM you the address.

I'm clearly out of the loop here, but what happens on July 11 to make your current iPhone useless?

it will no longer be the latest and greatest thing on the market. and for lots of people, if its not the best thing out there, there's no point in having it.

I thought that might be it. In which case my response is, keep on using it! :)
On the other hand, I shouldn't discourage you early adopters - you're the guys who make everything affordable for the rest of us!

iPhone 2.0 won't be that either, so if you really want cutting edge you should look around as there are other options.

I'll let you touch my fake nut if you give it to me.

(Does that line really work?)

Actually, I don't even know what an iPhone is, so it's probably something I don't need. Sounds like it would be another thing that would sit around ringing while I ignore it.

iPhone 2.0 won't be that either, so if you really want cutting edge you should look around as there are other options.

honest question here, not trying to be a smartass or anything, but what are the other better options to the iphone?