nanobyte

Iron Man suit

Wouldn't it be extremely cool to fly the Iron Man suit that Tony Stark uses in the movie/novel?

Until recently I thought that nothing could top skydiving (driving a 911 Turbo or Veyron down our Autobahnen being a close second) - but flying that thing certainly would make skydiving seem rather boring.

Imagine you could just take off and fly with supersonic speed - and if you gained enough height, you could free-fall / skydive, then fly up again - as often as you liked, without packing your chute every time, without any waiting time on the ground, without flying up for 20 min. or more in a rather slow (in comparison), packed plane...

I usually never fantasize about technology that doesn't exist yet - but this suit dominates my daydreams ever since I first saw it.

Gonna need a way to wear a rig on that thing though. No way no how I'm flying around without a back up plan.

Shouldn't be a problem. If you use a really simple, just-for-emergency chutes that fits tightly into the suit...

Developing such a suit would probably cost a few billion dollars and decades of research anyway... a high-tech chute would probably be the easiest part ;-)

Gonna need a way to wear a rig on that thing though. No way no how I'm flying around without a back up plan.

Shouldn't be a problem. If you use a really simple, just-for-emergency chutes that fits tightly into the suit...

Developing such a suit would probably cost a few billion dollars and decades of research anyway... a high-tech chute would probably be the easiest part ;-)

Nah - if he hits a really good atmonauti, he should just be able to float down... :)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706