shortyj

Married men do you refer to your wife as "the old lady"

no not in 20 years have i called her that.
I usually call her by her name or when talking to her, her "pet" name.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Any of these descriptors are just a method to minimalize the relationship. When people are dating they don't refer to "the old ball and chain", "The girlfriend" or "the old lady". They refer to thier significant other as "my girlfriend" or even better "this is the one that I was telling you about".

How about The Old Battle Axe?

Sorry Bro, she gets there as quick as she can. It takes me longer to shower and get out of your house than it used to.

That's because there is so much MORE of you then there ever was before! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I would never refer to Connie as my old lady. Not once. I got tired of correcting a friend. He would always say hey what are youand your old lady doing tonight? I told him I dont have an old lady. Acceptable things to call her are, my better half, the reason I smile, Connie ect... I find it very disrespectful.

Don't worry about it. In college (at 18) my roommate asked me if I was talking to my "old lady" on the phone. I didn't think anything about it, but my girlfriend heard and wasn't very pleased. I think she took it as I had a new lady.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

I prefer The war department or She who must be obeyed or She who ruins sleep.

I called her at work one day and told her secretary it was her old man. The secretary told her "It's Earl Mann on the phone." Ever since I am referred to as Earl Mann.

jon

I refer to my wife as "the best thing that ever happened to me."

And I'll bet you still have all your teeth, too, don't you?:ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It would've taken no thought at all on a woman with 7 ex husbands. That track record speaks for itself. She was friends with my ex. Birds of a feather? I wouldn't even date a woman with 7 ex husbands.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Wow I'm shocked at how much weight people give words. People here are acting like "the old lady" is akin to saying bomb on an airplane or fire in a crowded theater.

Perhaps some of you husbands should give up your man cards since wifey's already confiscated your jewels. :D

www.FourWheelerHB.com

I called her at work one day and told her secretary it was her old man. The secretary told her "It's Earl Mann on the phone." Ever since I am referred to as Earl Mann.

Ha! That's hilarious! :D
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Wow I'm shocked at how much weight people give words. People here are acting like "the old lady" is akin to saying bomb on an airplane or fire in a crowded theater.

Perhaps some of you husbands should give up your man cards since wifey's already confiscated your jewels. :D

Its a respect thing. Its got nothing to do with having your jewels confiscated. She makes me happy I make her happy. I find that most of the guys that refer to their wife/so as the old lady also think of them as the ol ball and chain. In my opinon those are the guys that should give up thier man card.