shortyj

Married men do you refer to your wife as "the old lady"

So I was eating with the flight crew and the pilot said "I have to call the old lady" I was like "You call your wife old lady, don't call her that" I said " I hope my husband doesn't call me that"

At the same time both the pilot and first officer said "he does":D

So I asked my husband if he called me that he said "all the time":o
Playtime is essential.

I'm not married and the love of my life is far too young to call "old lady", so I simply refer to her as "the fun police". :|

Edit to add (because she reads here): I'm just kidding, Muttley! :D

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'd have a real problem with my s/o calling me the old lady.

Not cuz I'm not old. I am. Older than him. And somewhat proud of it.

No, my problem would be with the second word... Ladies wear dresses and stick their pinkie finger out when they drink tea and don't curse or sweat or ever get dirty (in whichever sense you'd like to use the word dirty). If that's what he wanted, he should be dating a whuffo. :ph34r:

Absolutely not - I would never call my wife "the old lady."

I can't think of a better way to start developing distaste for one's wife. I think it's a very subtle form of self-sabotage.

But that's just me.

Seriously, I'm not an old man, and I'm not married to an old lady - I'm married to my best friend, who happens to be a hottie with superior intelligence and wit, and a great set of sweater kittens - plus, she buys me jumps every now and then.

And that's all I have to say about that.
T.I.N.S.

The "Old Lady" isn't the most flattering of terms, I agree. The one that gets me is "The Wife". I have to go call "The Wife". Is there a collective wife? Have I missed my turn? How do I get in touch with "The Wife"?

If you are going to minimilize the relationship at least say "my wife". Then people will know that you are talking about 'your wife'.

Any of these descriptors are just a method to minimalize the relationship. When people are dating they don't refer to "the old ball and chain", "The girlfriend" or "the old lady". They refer to thier significant other as "my girlfriend" or even better "this is the one that I was telling you about".
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

One of my customers lovingly referred to his wife as "The War Department."

I refer to my wife as "the best thing that ever happened to me."

My Mom's the best thing that ever happen to me...72 hours of labor and she still calls every day...I can't get my 'Better Half' to pick me up at the airport within 2 hours of landing, and we live 10 minutes away! :ph34r:;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

A friend of mine sat at the airport for several hrs one time when his now X wife forgot to pick him up and sat in the bar till 2:00 A.M. This was just a small part of her becoming his ex wife. If it had been me going through all he did I would have given her the walking papers long before he did. That woman was the war department. He was her 8th husband. I tried to talk him out of it but to no avail. Another of my friends was her 6th. I am on my 2nd and if for some reason this one doesn't last (I know it will) I give up.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.