noctralucent

Mirage horror Story

Mirage has always taken care of their customers.

I think not. In this case I think he jumped em a bit too early. But my wife and I have had nothing but headaches from mirage in the past. Hence the reason why we don't and won't jump there rigs in the future. Too bad they had Bill as there rep back then. He had just left too bad of a taste in our mouths to deal with them anymore.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

B| Well, I have to say that you must have sent in the wrong measurements period. Are you a body size that is rather larger than average???? Sounds like there is some miscommunication here!
It's my impression that you started off on the wrong foot here and are trying to blame someone else for the obvious.
Mirage has always taken care of their customers. If they made a mistake it would be taken care of!!!!!
I personally think PA removed by slotperfect for complaining about something that was not their fault. And yes I jump a mirage too.
just my .99 cents worth.

:S... hey GEatonSkyfly... it wasn't me, it was noctralucent that had problems here....

GEatonSkyfly - personal attacks are not tolerated in the forums. I edited the PA from your post and the one reply that quoted it. Your one warning . . .

Everyone - state your opinion, share your experiences, but don't let it slide into heated arguments or PAs. That will result in a locked thread and a reduced benefit for everyone.

Thanks,
Arrive Safely

John

If they had done everything possible it would not take 3-4 times to get it right!

OK, one more time. Morage built the rig to the provided measurements the first time. The error was on the part of the customer, for measuring himself. Mirage was presented an order form, and they built the rig to that order. Mirage is not at fault.

The cust is remeasured by a rigger and Mirage dealer. Mirage fixes the custmer error FOR FREE. Howver, in doing so, they make a mistake. To remedy this, they do all they can, which is overnight shipping, and a rush re-size.

So far it looks like Mireage has made one mistake, and incurred a great cost to rmedy it ASAP.

As far as the chest strap issue goes, I'm not sure who's at fault, but the customer did don the rig at the loft, approve of the fit, anf go home. Ltaer he thought that it could be longer, and Mirage complied by having the loft complete the repairs in order to avoid shipping delays.

I'll admit that this is not the 'ideal' reatil transaction, but when you order a complex, custom made item, there are many areas where problems could occur. There was no cause for the poster to publicly hang them out to dry that way. That was the biggest error of the whole situation.

Again for the record, Mirage is the only skydiving company I have ever had a service issue with. It took sending a well-know jumer as a representative in person to get my issue resloved. Since then the person I was delaing with has left Mirage.

Hi Zig.
It was not meant to be any kind of attack against anyone other than the original postee.!!!! So to all others out there that may be offended this would be your apology.
We are all entitled to our opinions on how this was handled. For the record I think most can see the obvious here.
My personal choice is a Mirage Rig period. They are the best for me!!!
Thankyou, Grant

I just want to add that I have bought 4 Mirages in the last few years, and have had sizing issues with 2 of them. Of the 2 with issues, each time Mirage always went out of thier way to fix the problems. One container even needed a second resize. They communicated with me regularly about progress and definitely lived up to thier end of the deal, even overnighting me back a container so that I could take it with me to the WFFC. Mistakes will periodically happen, on the customer side and the manufacturer side as well. It has been my experience that when things go right, anyone can look good, but its when things go bad, you see what people and companies are really made of.

I would definitely buy my next container from Mirage, no question about it. Thye have earned my trust and my repeat business by proving to me I matter as a customer.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Hi Zig.
It was not meant to be any kind of attack against anyone other than the original postee.!!!! So to all others out there that may be offended this would be your apology.
We are all entitled to our opinions on how this was handled. For the record I think most can see the obvious here.
My personal choice is a Mirage Rig period. They are the best for me!!!
Thankyou, Grant

No worries.
:)