happythoughts

Parachutist back page

And don't forget that I'm in that issue too. I'll sign it for you and that will add pennies to the value! :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

... is upside down.

Intentional or mistake?

This could be one of those "collectors editions" magazines. Kind of like a misprinted coin.
Save yours, it could be worth tens of dollars by 2094.
:)

I have two issues, because USPA can't figure out how to send just one to me and wife. I have one the right way up, and one the wrong way. I suspect foul play by UPT for Mirage's attempt at a Skyhook.

Mind you, they both went into the recycling.....

;)

I"ve got the one with the upside down back cover. It looks to me like a screw up with the stepping of the cover during the pre-press stage. (Damm interns) I'll bet it was discovered somewhere in the middle of the run and they had to stop and make new plates for everything. Now I'm curious as to which printer USPA uses. If I was Mirage and USPA I'd be pitching a fit at the careless mistake and demanding some money back.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

If I was Mirage and USPA I'd be pitching a fit at the careless mistake and demanding some money back.

Why? You just paid more attention to their ad than you ever have before. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If I was Mirage and USPA I'd be pitching a fit at the careless mistake and demanding some money back.

Well, I see at least one person gets it.:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Maybe some people have, but to be honest I haven't even read the ad. I saw Mirage printed upside down and that was about it. Didn't even read the copy. Coming from a print & publishing background I guess I'm just a bit more sensitive to mistakes like this. Trust me in the print world this is a big getting-your-ass-chewed-out mistake. But hey, if the customers who paid for the ad and the printing don't care then then oh well.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

Hi Everyone,
Hopefully this will be the end of the confusion, wonder, and this thread. There was not a mistake on the part of USPA nor their printer for the upside down ad in the back of parachutist. I submitted the ad to USPA that way. I didn't intentionally do it but nevertheless that's how it got submitted and that's how they had to print it.

The ad was submitted by me to them with about 2 hours left until the printing deadline and they couldn't get in touch with me in time to have me change it. They also didn't have the original artwork from me to change the ad around either. The ad's have to be submitted to USPA with room allowed for the address label AND in the correct place and I, if anyone am to blame for it being upside down.

Sorry if this puts an end to all the conspiracy theories but it's the simple truth.

Ward

Sorry if this puts an end to all the conspiracy theories but it's the simple truth.

I think everyone who knows you Ward knew this was likely the case all along.:D:P At any rate, you got more people to look at that company, what's it's name again?, on the back of the magazine:ph34r::ph34r:
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Dang Ward...you know this crew likes the conspiracy theory much better than the truth.

You could have at least made up something and embellished it like you had no idea how it happened, then stretched it to be aliens trying to invade the skydiving community and starting with Mirage because of the design logo. Then they are going to take over all parachute manufacturing and make us all able to fly withough wings... all we would need is alien blood so something like that :PGEEZ...

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

stack all the parachutists in order from january of this year to now and look at the bindings

I havent attempted this yet but I beleive it will show me that i have 6 magaiznes and too much time, right?
My photos

My Videos

Well, I see at least one person gets it.:D

Unless it's just USPA trying to stab Mirage in the back... :P:P:P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hi Everyone,
Hopefully this will be the end of the confusion, wonder, and this thread. There was not a mistake on the part of USPA nor their printer for the upside down ad in the back of parachutist. I submitted the ad to USPA that way. I didn't intentionally do it but nevertheless that's how it got submitted and that's how they had to print it.

The ad was submitted by me to them with about 2 hours left until the printing deadline and they couldn't get in touch with me in time to have me change it. They also didn't have the original artwork from me to change the ad around either. The ad's have to be submitted to USPA with room allowed for the address label AND in the correct place and I, if anyone am to blame for it being upside down.

Ward

Be honest with us here.
Where did you get your inspiration for the Mirage logo?
Are you a fan of Babylon Five?
;)
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

And don't forget that I'm in that issue too. I'll sign it for you and that will add pennies to the value! :ph34r:

Don't forget the issue that had me in it that I signed for you. I'm sure it's worth millions by now:D
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Don't forget the issue that had me in it that I signed for you. I'm sure it's worth millions by now

I still have it, it's too valuable to sell! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon