iambeav2

Yay for me...

The hell w/ weekend numbers, bought a new Katana, put 3 jumps on it, then the 4th one ended up in my first cutaway and I'm the first person to ever cutaway at my DZ...

I had a fucking blast...now I'm bored and at work!!! I can't even enjoy the beer I buyded.:S
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Let a friend pack for me, "wanted to give it a shot at packing a Katana". Well, tired me, got off work at 7am and proceeded to jumping had the "I don't care" mood, gave him some pointers and let him have at it. Pulled, very brisk opening for a katana, but not a slammer. Immediately went into line twists...and you put 2 and 2 together. Ground, sky, ground, sky...and stayed on sky (what I could see) where I had to look back to see my canopy and literally said to myself, "Well, here we go" and "cachink, slam, boom, bang, kung-pao chicken" or whatever noises you imagine it making. Didn't even feel the reserve come off my back, it was so smooth (no RSL).

Friend followed me down into a tobacco field (the one who packed it) and another friend followed the canopy down into the adjacent field, where a tractor w/ Redneck Brown almost decided to keep going and plow over my canopy...BOY WOULD I HAVE BEEN A SAD BABY.

BTW...I kept my handles, lol!!!!! Sorry, still lil' excited about it. And I'm not blaming the mal on my buddy's packing. He's not an inexperienced guy, just a different type of canopy. It could have been his packing, my body position (was a fuck jump where we all bailed at 5 grand and chilled out w/ a staggered pull, in only tshirt and shorts) or a combo of both.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Well, I am glad you were able to deal with your emergency and landed ok.:)
I would have kept my handles too. I never had a malfunction but had lost couple jump suits coz paramedics cut the hell out of them.. and yeah those torn apart jump suits are hanging on my room's wallB|

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

couple of jumpsuits!? 73 jumps!? and you're apparently proud of that, so you would hang 'em up!? :S:S:S

Not the point.

They just represent couple major incidents in my life which I should always remember and learn from!:)
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

I would have kept my handles too. I never had a malfunction but had lost couple jump suits coz paramedics cut the hell out of them..

Wait until you have a malfunction, then we'll see if those handles are what you're thinking about. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I would have kept my handles too. I never had a malfunction but had lost couple jump suits coz paramedics cut the hell out of them..

Wait until you have a malfunction, then we'll see if those handles are what you're thinking about. ;)

exactly....

on my last (5/17) I dont remember dropping my cutaway handle, but I did. It was the last thing on my mind at the moment... I kept my reserve handle tho. I hope to not have another cutaway anytime soon, but after paying $55 for the cutaway handle, I will try to keep my head more focused to keep it next time....[:/]