SkyDivinRyan

Pre-ordered an iphone

Is anyone else pre-ordering the new iphone 2.0 3g. I think they are hopefully going to get it right this time with the release into other countries.

Was at the AT&T store just today and -they- weren't accepting pre-orders yet. :|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I'd never pre-order anything (especially techology based) wait for others to beta test the stuff first and the price to drop.

I've never understood the "Ive gotta have it first" attitude.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'd never pre-order anything (especially techology based) wait for others to beta test the stuff first and the price to drop.

me either and in 6 months a competitor will have a comparable item half the cost
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You're correct. However, this is not the first version. That came out last year and was tested....quite positively I might add.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I'm so pissed off about my MacBook that I haven't had for even 6 months that just went kaput yesterday that I'm not doing Apple anything for a long time. I'm happy with my BlackBerry. And I'm happy with my new Toshiba laptop. Heck, even that piece of crap Compaq I had was better than that POS MacBook. :|

linz

--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I'm so pissed off about my MacBook that I haven't had for even 6 months that just went kaput yesterday that I'm not doing Apple anything for a long time. I'm happy with my BlackBerry. And I'm happy with my new Toshiba laptop. Heck, even that piece of crap Compaq I had was better than that POS MacBook. :|

What happened with your MacBook? If it's only six months old, it should still be under warranty. I've been using Apple's consumer line of laptops since I first got a G3 iBook, with no major issues. I believe them to be more durable than their pro line. I've lost a hard drive or two, but that's expected of any laptop that lives a highly mobile life.

Any complex electronic device is subject to the occasional issues, be they hardware or software based. Neither Macs nor WinPC's are immune from that. In most cases, they can be repaired. If yours is only six months old, such repairs should be covered under warranty.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I've been using Apple's consumer line of laptops since I first got a G3 iBook, with no major issues. I believe them to be more durable than their pro line.

Not with the current generation of product.
cavete terrae.

Interesting as I've not had an issue with my original 2 year old macbook. Works great every time.

Don't get me wrong, they're great machines. However, the consumer line is slightly less reliable overall. A hell of a lot easier to work on tho.
cavete terrae.

What happened with your MacBook? If it's only six months old, it should still be under warranty. I've been using Apple's consumer line of laptops since I first got a G3 iBook, with no major issues. I believe them to be more durable than their pro line. I've lost a hard drive or two, but that's expected of any laptop that lives a highly mobile life.

Any complex electronic device is subject to the occasional issues, be they hardware or software based. Neither Macs nor WinPC's are immune from that. In most cases, they can be repaired. If yours is only six months old, such repairs should be covered under warranty.

Heck, I don't know what happened to it. I'll carry it to their store as soon as I have the time. I was using it, the screen froze, I got a message to turn it off and restart it....only problem, it wouldn't restart. I'm NOT computer savvy by any stretch, but even with my Compaq (the previous worst laptop I ever owned), it survived longer than this one before it went kaput. Ugh.

My buddy Robin says she's had several other friends with MacBooks that something like this has happened with. She's had no problem with hers, though, and has been using it for 4 years.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

It wouldn't restart or wouldn't shut down?

Have you tried pulling the battery with the power disconnected?

I've had to do this on PC's and laptops before to get them to fully turn off.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.