Deisel

Crotch Rocket or Cruiser?

Holy 1989!!!

1992;)

It's an 1127B|

The upside down forks are the giveaway, plus the graphics.

Cool, Not a bad guess though :P I just thought you changed out the front end.

Good stuff
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I'm all about super sport bikes. Cruisers are great and all but they just don't have the wow factor. When it is time for me to graduate to something more cruiserish then I'll get a Honda Goldwing because those things are freaking awesome.

Otherwise it's not the bike that's unsafe...it's the rider. Sure we may see more super bikes getting laid down but that's only because of the personality type that kind of bike attracts.

Whatever your decision just remember.... keep the rubber side down, keep your head on a swivel, wear the proper gear, and ......

cagers suck! :D

www.FourWheelerHB.com

you come try riding in 95 degree 100% humidity weather wearing anything.

People do it in Texas most of the year. I'd rather be sweaty and whole - it beats debridement hands down, any day.

Have you looked into the perforated leathers? Not quite the same protection as normal leathers, but much more comfortable from what I understand.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

lol come on let's be honest. Temperature isn't anything more than a conveniant excuse. My leather jacket has zippers that when open allow so much air through its very similar to being in just a t-shirt. Also there is mesh gear. Fortunately the gear for crotch rocket riders' not only looks cool but is safe. B|

www.FourWheelerHB.com

Ride what you like but the only thing you have to remember is to always wear your gear and keep it under control. After falling 2 times broken collar bone, dislocated shoulder and a lost finger tip, I will always wear my gear. I fell twice with gear and walked away not very well but I walked away. I see the younger kids riding and I get the goose bumps when they fly by me on the freeway at 120+ in T-shirt and shorts. I got a Gixxer but ride it like a Harley. I learned after I fell I guess I got lucky I had the chance to learn from my mistakes.
HELLFISH 429
POPS 11113

meh...to each their own I suppose.
I've been riding for almost 40 years now (FUCK!)
I'll take comfort.
I've been down hard twice at over 50mph without a helment. (yes dear I always wear a helment now :P! - thanks for that:)If a helment will make a difference, I'd rather be dead than vegetable thank you. I always try my damndest to keep a way out...as long as I can make sure I have room to lay her down and avoid sudden impact, I'm good with that. Road rash aint as bad as breaks.
Coming from a guy with 400 jumps who lists swooping as a discipline...I should take your advice on safety???:D:D:D

From and EMT perspective, I have worked more crotch rocket wrecks then crusiers!

Ain't got (love my English) nothing to do with the bike. It's the crazy fucker that rides said bike. I feel wayyy more safe on my 439lb
sport bike (i fuckin hate the term crotch rocket) than I do on an 800 lb cruiser. Inertia.

For the OP. Buy what you wanna buy and ride it.

lol come on let's be honest. Temperature isn't anything more than a conveniant excuse. My leather jacket has zippers that when open allow so much air through its very similar to being in just a t-shirt. Also there is mesh gear. Fortunately the gear for crotch rocket riders' not only looks cool but is safe. B|

While I do find it humorous when the same person that says it's too hot for leathers during the summer uses a different reason to not wear them on a sunny 65 degree day, I disagree that temp is nothing more than an excuse. If you decide not to wear them that's fine, just own it, no excuses.

I have very well ventilated mesh leathers. However, when I choose to wear them while it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity in South Texas I know I'm going to get where I'm going soaking wet, regardless of how much airflow they allow. It sucks, and I deal with it about 75% of the time. I understand the potential consequences of not wearing them and about 25% of the time make an educated decision to not wear them, typically when I want to get where I'm going without being soaked through with sweat.

If I refused to ever get on my bike without my leathers on than there would be a fair amount of time that my leathers kept me 100% safe because I wouldn't be on my bike at all. I'm often conflicted with the decision to ride sans leathers, but the added risk is occasionally worth it to me.
Killing threads since 2004.

just like the lack of safe sex...

dumb as helll, but damnit it feels good.

you come try riding in 95 degree 100% humidity weather wearing anything. :S

Mark most times I'm, just fuggin with ya about bikes. but on apparel i earnestly disagree, there is enough good protective clothing in different textile out there now to accommodate ALL weather condition. I too ride in 100+ temps regularly but never unprotected and rarely uncomfortably.
Ballistic nylon and Kevlar for the colour conscious crotch rocket riders works well,
Kevlar reinforced denim for the rest of us.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Get something outrageous like an old Aprila RS250 that you have to rev the nuts off everywhere and ride hard. Get to your destination sweating and shaking! :D

Not if it gets Stolen..Ask Grue:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Fair enough but this was the point I was getting at. ;)

While I do find it humorous when the same person that says it's too hot for leathers during the summer uses a different reason to not wear them on a sunny 65 degree day,

Edited to add: When its so hot I'd consider not wearing my gear, I take my car. But I live in SoCal and can ride all year long.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

I can't do the full gear bro...I just can't.
I accept that risk, fully.
I do wear the best I can for the environment while trying to stay somewhat comfy. I ride to and from work almost everyday. I can't go to work smelling of road and sweat. I drive very conservatively all the time. I take regular rider courses - although it has been 3 years now, so I'm due for another. I don't do wheelies, stoppies or speed excessively. I do an occasional smokey burnout - but bloody hell man it's fucking hot and humid here. When it's not, I'm in almost full leathers from head to toe. I do actually own the proper gear, I simply prefer to be comfortable when I ride this time of year. Keep in mind I ride an air cooled scoot....like sitting on a furnace sometimes.
When I had crotch rockets, being what they are and what they tempt us ALL to do, I wore all the protection I could buy. I do have protective jeans, helment, low boots...but I don't wear a jacket this time of year. Times change folks. I don't race around on the roads any more. I ride damn near combatively defensive. I've had good success so far. Life is risk, we all know that. Some of us chose different levels of that risk in different activities.