Darktreader

$4,500 freefly suit....

Well that kinda settles things on whether or not I'll ever buy a suit from them. I found DarkTreaders post quite comicle. At first I thought maybe the post from Julio was supposed to be taken in a sarcastic form. I couldn't see how anyone could take offense to James' post.

I have a feeling that Julio may have lost alot of future business due to his post.

Julio canceled the order. Sent James (Darktraeder a pretty nasty email and said he didnt weant his businss because of this post.)

I was going to place an order for mine from them this week myself but seriously... A small joke.. and this kind of response.

Julio should send a follow-up email along the lines of "When I said I didn't want your business, what I really meant was I don't want your money. Your new FF suit will be there next week on me. Sorry for the confusion."

The original mistake would not prevent me from ordering from any particular manufacturer, but this kind of reaction certainly would.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I agree. With the amount of competition in that business, you'd figure a vendor wouldn't want to burn any bridges like that. Looks like I'll be looking at Deepseed or Ouragan now.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Its sad when things posted in the bonfire are taken as a personal attack. I found it humorous as did most who read this. Now my order has been canceled.

I am offended by this thread and I find no humor in it.>:(

I did at first, buuuuuuuuuuut , not so much now.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Julio canceled the order. Sent James (Darktraeder a pretty nasty email and said he didnt weant his businss because of this post.)

I was going to place an order for mine from them this week myself but seriously... A small joke.. and this kind of response.

Yup. I had considered them in a new order too. Not anymore, and will surely tell others who are thinking of ordering from them about the attitude of this business owner.

Okay, but now to play opposite-side advocate, would those of you who have stated they would take their business elsewhere be appeased and still consider them as a possibility for your suit needs if they made this right for Darktreader? I probably would. I'd like to see this made right for both sides.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

OK OK I give up. Everyone that know me, know I not like that, Actually Im super cool and have a great customer service. This little Machine mistake got out of hand.

I wanna personally excuse myself for anything that might have cause a bad feeling about me or LS.

You dont have to change the way you think about me, If you dont want to but Im just Excusing like it should be done.

But he still has to pay $4,500 is he still wants his suit.
:ph34r:

Now please I would like to see good things say about me and your beautifull suits.

Ciao, Julio

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight,
It's the size of the fight in the dog!"

At this point I might consider it but they would still be towards the bottom of the list of people I would buy stuff from.

Just the fact that they took no effort to NICELY handle the situation it just puts a big black mark on their name.

Plus at this point in my eyes it would look as if he was just trying to save his own ass. And if Julio didn't realize that his post with that much negativity towards a good humored customer would lose him this much business I wonder how good of a business man can he really be.

Some people have bad days/weeks/months, and everyone deserves to get a second chance. I know I've been there myself before.

Out of curiosity, what would it take to assuage the doubts and frustrations of the people not directly involved?

LS Suits are great suits and in the years they have been around I have never heard anything but praise about their customer service.

Hopefully this knee-jerk reaction by the owner is just a one time thing. We all have bad days and say things in the heat of the moment we regret.
The original post appears to have been taken as a attack on the business when in fact it was joke about a common situation. The accidental charges were never an issue and something I know the OP never had any doubt would be corrected right away. The original post was just an attempt at humor.

One "ohshit" cost alot of "Attaboys" in business.

Hopefully the OP and LS will get this worked out and the OP will still get a suit. The first response to this was definitely an "ohshit". Now lets see if they can apologize and make it right.

(I know the OP a little better than most, He is my kid brother. (Atleast that is what Mom Claims but to this day I still say there a screw up at the hospital and they sent the wrong kid home.;))

You should have been moved to the front of the production line, and had your new suit next week. That would have been great customer service, a great way to build a good reputation and business.

Actually, this is exactly what someone like Julio would normally do. I have one of his amazing suits as do many people at my DZ, including Mel Curtis' VRW team at SD Elsinore. Julio has some of the best customer service of any manufacture that I know. He called and dealt with me personally at all times and was so gracious and easy to talk with about any issues.

I think the misunderstanding is a cultural or second-language type of miscommunication. I have to admit that in my own opinion, I believe that mentioning an innocent charging mistake by teasing a company owner about it online is tacky. However, skydivers are not "proper" and find it humorous to tease one another, not understanding how a businessman could become offended. I know it wasn't meant to be rude, but perhaps Julio took the post as a swipe at his integrity...as if he meant to overcharge? (Which we know that he would never do.)

Again, I think it's a language and cultural issue. Julio speaks both Spanish and English. Yet, his primary culture is latin and his first language is Spanish. It was a misunderstanding on both sides.

Now, kiss and make up, guys. :D Trust me, you don't want to miss out on owning his suit. If I could wear mine every day, I would.

P.S. I think that Julio should give me 1/2 off on my next LS suit for resolving this...:)

OK heres some clarification for all. Because this has gotten serious and it was just sopposed to be humurous to start with.
We all know LS suits are exspensive and when this happend I thought wow didnt know they where "that" exspensive as a joke.

Obviously it was taken as bad publicity and this was NOT my intent.

Julio has made several attempts to contact me while I was at work today to make this right. I did not ask for discounts nor have tried to make LS look bad in anyway. My suit is going to be made for me and a discount has been offered.

I hope this eases the minds of future customers.
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

Thanks for the response Julio. Please try and contact Darktreader and work out a good arrangement. Perhaps not charging him the extra money for a rush suit. I'm sure other solutions could be worked out as well.

This is a small industry and negative things as well as positive things can go a long way toward increasing or decreasing business.

Good luck with finding resolution.

Edit to add: It looks like Julio and Darkreader have already resolved the issue and now we can officially close this edition of As the Prop Turns.:)

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Julio has made several attempts to contact me while I was at work today to make this right. I did not ask for discounts nor have tried to make LS look bad in anyway. My suit is going to be made for me and a discount has been offered.

Good to hear! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I already did, I emailed him telling him that I wasnt gonna charge him the RUSH FEE. now he will only pay $4,425.00

Deal Haaaa!!!!
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight,
It's the size of the fight in the dog!"

I already did, I emailed him telling him that I wasnt gonna charge him the RUSH FEE. now he will only pay $4,425.00

Deal Haaaa!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D Now this is the type of customer service I was talking about.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.