alanab

Bike to Work Day!

Did anyone else commute on their bike today?

Bike to work day was last month... :P at least it was here... :$

but yes... I bike to work most days... in fact my bike is hanging up on the wall behind me right now... B|:)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

No way, people can drive 55 on the street I have to take to work and there aren't any sidewalks.

Besides, I'd mess up my hair. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

nice work!
glad to see other bike commuters on here! i've been riding in to work lately as well and since today is denver's bike to work day, i organized my company's team! too bad only 5 of 35 decided to do it :) better than none, i suppose! looking forward to the downhill ride home :)

the Bike to Work Day for my area was sometime last month. i was all set to bike 25 miles to work on not-so-bike-friendly roads just for that one day (seriously, i was), but we ended up with torrential downpour. maybe next year?

i did all week except for today, looked outside, thought about it, nah, no fun riding in the rain.. took the bus instead!

to work and back is about 40 km.. go figure! :P

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

If my commute involves walking upstairs to my computer, do I get more or less points?

I mean, if the point of Bike to Work day is to help the environment by not driving, then I'm really kicking ass, 'cause I've worked from home for the last six years.

But if the point is to get more exercise, well, I don't even spend the 30 or 40 calories of going outside and getting in the car twice a day. So I'm not quite breaking even there.

And if the point is to work an hour less each day because you're spending more time commuting, then I'm really screwed, because I've worked thousands of extra hours by not driving to work for years now.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD