bigway

Skinnyshrek

The police are being very tight lipped.
They are not releasing much information at all as it is an active investagation.

It's taking them this long??? :S Sounds to me like Tallahassee has dipshits in homicide. Kind of like Birmingham, AL. A total of 40 homicides just in 2007 remain unsolved. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The main investigator has been very tightlipped, but also very truthfull with me. She is doing a great job and still keeps me updated. The only thing that I am going to say is the #1 suspect is in jail right now on VOP, so time is not a big factor.
I don't care how long it takes, I just want all the I's dotted and T's crossed and I don't care how long it takes.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

VOP means what?

Edited to add: I agree with you, when it comes to murder cases, you better have everything covered with undisputed proof the suspect did it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just make sure th cops get it right. It would be horrible for them to mess up something minor and the perp get off on a technicality or because of sloppy and or hasty investigation.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Just make sure th cops get it right. It would be horrible for them to mess up something minor and the perp get off on a technicality or because of sloppy and or hasty investigation.

you got that right. If they fuck up and the guy gets off with a "not guilty" they can't try him again, if I have it right. Something about double jeopardy.

thanks for the update brandy. still thinking and praying for you every day. will never forget the kindness you and lee showed me in '06. keep your chin up girl. it's good to see you on here.

love ya lots. md

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

It's taking them this long??? Crazy Sounds to me like Tallahassee has dipshits in homicide. Kind of like Birmingham, AL. A total of 40 homicides just in 2007 remain unsolved.

Real life is not Law and Order or CSI, it takes over an hour with commercials to solve real crime. Not just solve, but put everything in the case in the proper order with the proper chain of custody and the proper procedure to keep it from getting kicked out of court. Trust me, you want the detectives to take their time and have everything exactly right. Otherwise when you go to trial the person that is responsible might walk. I know you would rather have the person in prison then walking free, so be patient and understand that there is much more to an investigation then you might actually know without having worked that job before.

I am happy to see that Goofyjumper is being kept informed of the investigation's progress. Beyond her and the DA, that all that matters right now. We'll get the information once its proper to be publicly released.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It's taking them this long??? Crazy Sounds to me like Tallahassee has dipshits in homicide. Kind of like Birmingham, AL. A total of 40 homicides just in 2007 remain unsolved.

Real life is not Law and Order or CSI, it takes over an hour with commercials to solve real crime. Not just solve, but put everything in the case in the proper order with the proper chain of custody and the proper procedure to keep it from getting kicked out of court. Trust me, you want the detectives to take their time and have everything exactly right. Otherwise when you go to trial the person that is responsible might walk. I know you would rather have the person in prison then walking free, so be patient and understand that there is much more to an investigation then you might actually know without having worked that job before.

I am happy to see that Goofyjumper is being kept informed of the investigation's progress. Beyond her and the DA, that all that matters right now. We'll get the information once its proper to be publicly released.

My words exactly! I don't care how long it takes to get all the evidence together, as long as we can get this past a grand jury.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

you got that right. If they fuck up and the guy gets off with a "not guilty" they can't try him again, if I have it right. Something about double jeopardy.

But that would mean he would be released from the watchful eye of police custody, and would be walking among those he hurt.

I am glad that there is a suspect, and that things are being handled in a lawful manner. Justice might ease some pain.

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Brandy.. There is not a day that goes by that you and Lee are not in my thoughts. I check the internet a couple times a day each day to see if there has been an arrest yet as I am always wondering where the investigation stands. I am glad this thread was started ... I wasn't sure if other more 'public' cases had overshadowed Lee's case. Thank you for sharing what you have about the investigation.

~}{eather
It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive. ~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer

werethe same view as you brandy even though ourhearts are broken and will never heal, we will never be able to hug ourson again or even enjoy life again ,we want the bast---- who did this to lee to be impisioned for life and just prey that the detectivesreally do a good job so that is where the bast---- stays, i have to believe in the american justice system to keep me SANE,i never thought i would ever suffer this much pain in my entire life ,so please god justice will be done ,how ever long it takes