mirochristie

Webcams for Mac?

You can buy an iSight off eBay or buy one of these new Logitech units that you can read about on this TUAW post....

Dogs and Cats Living Together

You'll have to check the specs on this Logitech unit to make sure it is compatible with your G4 and 10.4.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Lots of options

In my experience, it's always best to buy computer related items online. You'll find a better selection and reviews available.

I avoid Logitech products for Mac. The drivers for some of their products rely on unsupported kernel extensions (read: might cause issues with future updates). Since I don't know which of their products do and don't, I simply avoid them all.

My first choice for a Mac would be an external Apple iSight, which have an excellent reputation, but they fetch a premium price even on the used market (they are no longer available new).
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Mirochristie, I have EXACTLY the same laptop (typing on it as we speak), and I can personally attest to the quality and cool factor of the external iSight. That is the one you want.

I bought one on eBay about 3 months ago for $90 US. Apple discontinued it awhile back, and some folks are selling them for way more than they ever sold for new.

Wait it out, and you'll find one for a good price. Check newly listed, ending soonest, and try using other forms of the term "iSight" - I did a search on eBay for "i-sight" and found mine - most people looking for one will only use the normal spelling/letter arrangement. Almost no one else bid on the camera, and I got a SMOKIN' deal on mine.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it. Good luck on your search. :)

T.I.N.S.