MrFreefall383

Fitness Freaks - Update June 20-26

OK, no thread, so I'll start it.

Finally started working out again this week. Been so swamped with watch qualifications, I couldn't find any time or energy for working out. Did some lifting Wednesday, then did a 3 mile run on the treadmill yesterday in 23:45 down from 25 minutes, and did a whole bunch of upper and lowerbody lifting.

I'm going to find out the hours at the Y today and go for a swim, because apparently the Grand Isle has a contract with them, the sailors onboard that nice little WPB can work out for free. Next door at Station Gloucester, we were told we get the pool for free with our military ID, so I'm going to find that out.

On other notes, I finally reviewed what's called my IDP, or Individual Development Plan, with the CO, and upon seeing that I want to cut down my run times and do a triathlon before I'm transferred to A-School, he said he might consider making me the station's new "Health Programs Coordinator", the guy who will help fellow shipmates come up with effective fitness plans, and if they're having trouble with their semi-annual weigh-ins I get to shadow them and get them under their max allowable weight. Imagine that, Station Gloucester Health Programs Coordinator, Seaman David Bajorin. I like where this is going.B|
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

If I'd been home all week I would have been working out but I've been out of town and at the American Boogie the last four days. All of my working out has been combat skydiving and hiking across landing areas. :D:D I'm giving myself a day of boogie recovery and back to the gym for cardio and some (highly restricted) weights tomorrow. I tweaked my shoulder on a funneled exit this weekend and it gets rest and ice till it feels better or till it doesn't and I decide to see a doctor about it.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I will add to this now. I have been quietly starting up in the back ground...

two solid weeks of 4 work outs a week, cardio each day with varied heart rate requirements.

2 normal work outs holding 70-80% of heart rate for :40
1 long work out holding 60-80% of heart rate for 1:15
1 short work out holding 70-90% of heart rate for :30

Lower one day, upper one day and then one day of upper and lower at once per week for weight lifting.

This week however I did a hour+ hike with way the fuck too many stairs for my long work out. It is a beautiful location about 20 min from Skydive Chicago. I kidnapped a fellow dz.commer and brought her with me >:(

The bad news, since I started watching what I am eating and working out I have gained 3lbs...but my guess is it is muscle (ok I am being hopefull with all the work I have been doing)

Now, my question to the rest of the fitness geeks. What foods have the highest amount of protein. I have done ok with getting the other numbers where they need to be, but damnit I need more protein...from food

:ph34r:

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Nope I'm still working out consistently as well....

Just entered my 5th week at the Antigym and since I began, I have lost 11 lbs.

Getting up at 4 am to workout isn't that bad anymore and it gives me energy to last the day....or at least until 4 or 5...

Cardio is up too. I had a physical the other day as required since I am getting my scuba certification in 2 weeks and am starting a program to become a Master Scuba Diver.

Anyways, I don't want to give out all the stats the doctor gave, but he said I was in great shape. I told him there was still room for improvement :D and he laughed as well...

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Am I the only one still working out now that it's hot outside?

Nope I just joined a gym and hooked up with a personal trainer, not that i need to loose weight im only 55kilos, just to keep gravity at bay ;)
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

I haven't gotten to a scale, but today I wore a suit to work that I haven't fit into in two years (and it was comfortable too!), so I'm guessing I dropped another few pounds. It's nice to be getting into the old wardrobe again, because I didn't want to purchase all new work clothes. Suits are damned expensive!

he might consider making me the station's new "Health Programs Coordinator", the guy who will help fellow shipmates come up with effective fitness plans, and if they're having trouble with their semi-annual weigh-ins I get to shadow them and get them under their max allowable weight. Imagine that, Station Gloucester Health Programs Coordinator, Seaman David Bajorin. I like where this is going.B|

Woo-hoo! Congrats! B|

I haven't lost the goal or slacked off on the workouts. I have been doing what I can do physically and schedule wise -5 mile walk today (all I could do -nobody to watch the babies long enough for me to get to the gym and back for a class. [:/]) Yesterday I did a step and lift whilest my babies were wrestling. I couldn't keep the same level as before. I had to just step in place for awhile whilest everyone else was doing cool stuff, which is horribly fucking humiliating, but I wasn't going to quit, either.

I'm doing ok on my eating, could be helathier. Tomorrow will be even better than today, which was pretty good actually. I'm just a bit bummed out about the limited physical ability, but at least I keep going, and that's what I'm being advised to do.

Still sucks ass not losing weight or getting stronger, though. >:( Working more consistently than I ever have before and getting nadda on the results, but it's better than degrading I guess. And it will get better, I can just feel it. B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Do you need another pep talk?

First of all, it does take time to actually see results but that doesn't mean changes aren't happening throughout your body. That's especially true when you are doing any kind of strength training. The changes are gradual. Just remember that you ARE doing good things for yourself and keep it up!

2nd- other people will see the results before you do. You tend to look in the mirror and see yourself a certain way and that's not necessarily the way other people see you. We all do that to one extent or another. Speaking for myself, when I was heavier, I didn't really see exactly how fat I was and now that I've lost some weight, at times when I see a recent picture, it takes a minute to realize that's me.

3rd- there is nothing humiliating about working at your own level. Having EMTs cart you out of a cardio class because you over did it- well, I personally would find that a bit humiliating! Slowing down to a walk or march, getting water and mopping your face as needed should not be cause for humiliation! Its not a competition and comparing yourself to everyone else is counter productive.

OK pep talk over! carry on..................

Martial arts training 4 nights a week.

This week:

Monday - No gui night. 2 minute rounds grappling with instructor (3rd degree black belt) trying not to get submitted. Beginning to recognize everything he is doing and attempting a counter. During "break" one minute of throwing/dumping a 75 pound heavy punching bag, one minute of crunches. Wash, rinse, repeat for an hour.

Tuesday - Gui night. 30 minutes of cardio and bag work. 30 minutes practicing clinch and take down techniques. After class, four two minute rounds of fists only sparring wearing 16 ounce boxing gloves with the 3rd degree black belt.

Wednesday - No gui night. 15 minutes of cardio. 30 minutes of learning/practicing clinch to hip toss technique. 15 minutes of freestyle grappling from the knees. After class, two two minute rounds of fists only sparring with 3rd degree black belt.

Thursday - More abuse and ass beatings I'm sure.

Since I started training I've gained 10 pounds. Gaining muscle but not losing fat due to a poor diet. I've changed that this week so should start shedding fat.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

That sounds cool!! :)
We had some weird training going on at the gym on tuesday...they were flipping tractor tires, hop in, out, flip and then doing sprints, weights, push ups, lots of weird funky cardio/calisthenic stuff. Kinda looked like that YouTube video of the way the guys trained for the movie '300'. B|

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I hear you! I'm totally enjoying the weight training that I am doing, but its also a relatively new thing for me. I think if it was ALL I was doing, it might get old, but the Zumba and other classes I squeeze in keep the workouts fun and productive.

At least you're doing something. If your schedule prohibits you from doing your normal fitness routine, but you get in as much as you can anyway, then you're still a badass. I can't even say that for myself right now, although the last week or so I've been busting my hump for it no matter what. That's the best you can do sometimes.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche