RALFFERS

Dinner in Chicago

Goes to show you how well I know this city... :$

I feel like treating myself and go out to dinner tonight. Thing is, not sure what i want. Any suggestions? Oh, and a place that serves a good drink would be great - I could use a drink or 2 tonight.

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Weiner Circle
-----------------------------------------------------------
The Weiner Circle is an awesome local dive. But how about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse? Or the Signature Room on the 95th? Great view from the top of the Hancock Building if it isn't cloudy.

The strong can always afford to be gentle, It is only the weak who need to "give as good as they get."

Cafe BabaReeba for Tapas
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yum... made it a point to go there last time I was in Chicago. Only got to have a beer and a snack, but it was good.

OMG, that is the best place ever!! The lovely Vallerina took me there a few weeks ago on a date. She even let me wear my tuxedo tshirt cause i wanted to be formal, but yet i was there to party.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

depends on what neighborhood you are in!

Clark between belmont and addison (south of wrigley field) has lots of ethnic choices....ethiopian, mexican, jamaican, japanese, thai....on a weekend I'd have lunch at one, wander around till dinner and choose another for dinner!

I really like Veracruz Mexico style seafood. There's a few related places like Costa Azul on Ashland just north of chicago ave, Playa Azul on south 18th near ashland in pilsen mexican village etc.

Greek town on Halsted near madison has LOTS of great places! Greek Islands, Costas, many others

The SouthEast Asian area around Argyle exit on the El has dozens of places- viet, laos, thai, cambodian etc all very good.

Shaws Crab House near Marina City is always nice as someone mentioned.

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Go up to Milwaukee and go to the Safe House. B|

I agree, but let me know when you go so I can be inside waiting :)

While in Milwaukee you have to stop by Kopp's Custard.

You can't beat Gino's East downtown for the best pizza in the city....and the Chop House has the best steak in all of Chicago.

If you have the cash, a trip to MK is very worth it. But if you are going to spend that much, you may as well go to Tru. (Both will be over $100/plate)

Wildfire is good, as is Cafe Iberico if you want a good tapas and sangria. Lalo's downtown is a decent Mexican place as well.

IMHO, Geno's east is for tourists who don't know crap about pizza.

But what do I know, I am just half Sicilian by heritage.

Well, I doubt you want to get pizza from my local area which is about as good as you are going to get. But the original Gino's downtown is damn good, even if they went flashy touristy a few years ago when they purchased the Hollywood building.

BTW, Chicago pizza =/= Italian. It's something all on it's own now.