RkyMtnHigh

My fuel was siphoned

Fill the original tank, (now unhooked), with diesel.

The hell with that.. fill it up with septic tank juice... let em suck on that.

Ooh! Ooh! Even better idea! Fill it with Bud Light, and really make 'em suffer!:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

however the cap protrudes out too far to be able to close the door.

Take the door off so it's obvious that you have a locking gas cap.

That'll stop the opportunists, but don't think that it will stop the truly determined. It's not all that difficult to remove a locking gas cap.

Anyone that is willing to break the fuel cap door probably isn't too far from being willing to just punch a hole in the tank itself.

Now I know this sounds like a radical idea, but wouldn't it be less expensive in the long run to just put in a tap and a big sign that says, "Ok, take the gas but for god's sake just don't fuck up the car"?

In all honesty, I seriously considered this option, but then I realized that the parents in the neighborhood might get pissed for having the word f*ck on my car...just how they are...B|...

Hey, either way, it's still really fucking funny!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

and yet sad all at the same time...:S

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

My dad and I have been brainstorming about a device which would shock the shit out of any person attempting to siphon the gas..would light them up pretty good and make their teeth fall out. But..possible sparks might backfire on me and blow my car up in the process..so there would be a person standing there with nice scars on his face but my car would be charred as a result. Not sure that the insurance adjustors would pay my claim if they knew that I set the "boobie-trap":S:ph34r:

I was told of the story of a guy who got damned tired of his stereo being stolen, so he expoxied single-edge razor blades to the perimeter of his new stereo's case. Came out one morning to find blood all over his carpeting, but his stereo was still there.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My blazer is a diesel, and has a 26 gallon tank. Awhile back I had a full tank jacked from me, I was pretty pissed. I hope those lame fuckers didn't know it was diesel, and fucked there car(s) up, they can't be that smart if they haven't found gainful employment to supply fuel for their vehicles in a manner that doesn't involve possible jail time.

My dad and I have been brainstorming about a device which would shock the shit out of any person attempting to siphon the gas..would light them up pretty good and make their teeth fall out. But..possible sparks might backfire on me and blow my car up in the process..so there would be a person standing there with nice scars on his face but my car would be charred as a result. Not sure that the insurance adjustors would pay my claim if they knew that I set the "boobie-trap":S:ph34r:

i was waiting for someone to mention this! funny story. my day, a career electrician, got very tired on the neighborhood dogs pissing on his RV's tires, sooooo....he electrified the RV. we are eating breakfast, and we hear..."yelp! yelp! yelp!" and the dog goes running down the street....never came back...problem solved.

Excuse the pun, but that really sucks.

The world is becoming more and more like the Mad Max Trilogy every day now. :S

BP

This gasoline crunch hasn't really affected me since I hijacked that tanker truck. Tis a bitch to explain to the neighbors though.:ph34r::D
Skymama's #2 stalker -

i was waiting for someone to mention this! funny story. my day, a career electrician, got very tired on the neighborhood dogs pissing on his RV's tires, sooooo....he electrified the RV. we are eating breakfast, and we hear..."yelp! yelp! yelp!" and the dog goes running down the street....never came back...problem solved.

I knew a guy who grew up on a farm with lots of machinery. As a kid he had learned by experimentation that if you poured water on an electric motor, it would stop. So one day he was in the barn and needed to take a leak...hey, there's a running electric motor...!!!!!!!!:S

He never did that again.:D

Kind of unrelated, but when I think if siphoning gas, I think of this old movie I saw when I was a little kid. (probably from around '73) I don't remember a whole lot about the movie- but the main characters (Walter Mathau and Carol Burnett?) had a neighbor who was obsessed with his gas mileage and they decided to mess with his head a little bit. First they ADDED gas to his tank at night so the guy thought he was getting great mileage, then they started siphoning.

where i stay, further up north and in particular its the highlands and islands that have seen this. Its happening mostly with heating oil for the houses, where the owners only find out they have been hit when the oil runs out prematurely. Leaving they fecked unless they can get a quick delivery.[:/]

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Kind of unrelated, but when I think if siphoning gas, I think of this old movie I saw when I was a little kid. (probably from around '73) I don't remember a whole lot about the movie- but the main characters (Walter Mathau and Carol Burnett?) had a neighbor who was obsessed with his gas mileage and they decided to mess with his head a little bit. First they ADDED gas to his tank at night so the guy thought he was getting great mileage, then they started siphoning.

GREAT movie!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069080/

I remember the neighbor ranting at the mechanic:
"What do you mean 'nothing is wrong with it'???
Last week I was getting 60-70 miles to the gallon.
This week I'm getting 5-10!!!"