bigway

Hip Dysplasia NIGHTMARE!

Just took the dog in for her second check up and to get the stitches removed after her total hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago.

Hip has come out.

He is openning her up again on friday and going to see if he can out it back in but doubts it and will have to now try the TPO that she is too old for.

Either way our $200 dog from the shelter that is now worth $6500 is going to be worth up to $9000. He is hoping it will only cost around $1500 and he is not charging us full price.

He is such a decent guy this vet, the best in the state, there are only 2 in the states who can do this and he was a prfessor at tennesse uni for the small animals vet surgery.

Was very hard to hold it together when he told me that it had popped out as that comes down to our fault for not giving her the strict NO-movement post surgery that she needed. Sure we were strict but not nearlly as half as we should have been.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Aww I'm so sorry! poor puppy! My German Shepard was just diagnosed with hip dysplasia too.Right now we're treating it with vitamin supplements and other RXs but he'll have to have some kinda surgery in the near future and hes only 3yrs old.[:/]

Best of luck with your pooch!:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Don't beat yourself up!!![:/]

I have a great dane and a pekingnese, both of which are prone to health problems and particularly hip dysplasia.

I worked at a vet hospital and I know how difficult it can be to see your pet who is part of your family in pain...:(...

I hope the surgery goes well and your pup is up and walking again soon!

~R+R:)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Aww I'm so sorry! poor puppy! My German Shepard was just diagnosed with hip dysplasia too.Right now we're treating it with vitamin supplements and other RXs but he'll have to have some kinda surgery in the near future and hes only 3yrs old.[:/]

Best of luck with your pooch!:)

Ours is only 1 year old. just.

It is not easy seeing a dog squeal and cry for 5 minutes flat to the point where the dogs in the area are all barking and the neghibour calls animal cruelty control on us.

Im not beating myself up about this, Im doing everything i can to make sure she lives a happy life cause her happy life means her brother has a happy life.

I am also certain that if we were to tell the vet we had to put her down cause of money that he would not hesitate to do it for free. However that is not the case as at the end of the day we can afford it, just means going without.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I am also certain that if we were to tell the vet we had to put her down cause of money that he would not hesitate to do it for free. However that is not the case as at the end of the day we can afford it, just means going without.

Kudos to you for that.
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

We had a dog go through the TPO, it was the best for her but we where right on the time limit for her age. But it worked and she is fine today.
Our 10$ pound rescue is now worth about 8-9,000$ in total vet bills and worth every penny of it.
You have to keep them inactive, it was so hard for us to do to a puppy for the time it took to heal. But you have to do it!
Small cage for the recovery, we would walk her outside with a leash to use the bathroom and right back into the kennel when she was done. don't let them play no matter how much you or they want to!
Good luck, I hope that you can do the TPO! I hope that the DOG can is what I should say.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm a huge animal lover and have always had them. I mean this in the dogs best interest. I don't know much about hip dysplasia but it sounds like your dog is in A LOT of pain over this. Have you thought about putting him to sleep instead of trying to fix this and keep having him suffer? Or is it really fixable enough? I wish you and your dog the best in getting through this!

That is an option that most doctors won't entertain unless it is something that they recommend due to the fact that they believe a health issue cannot be managed reasonably. Keep in mind that hit dyplasia can be debillitating, but is also manageable, this is an extreme case, but I would definitely leave that option to the doc and the owner to discuss...Trust me, I have been there, and even had several clients cry on my shoulder, and one even asked me what happened when I lost my first pet when I was a teenager.:(

~R+R:|...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

of course. However it is not a recommendation yet as there are options before this. The dog is no longer in pain with the meds but was in pain as we were told to stop the pain killers before finding out that it had been dislodged. The vet is a great guy and this time round is charging me a quater of the full price because he wants to see her fixed. I have had a lot of dogs but never one as good as she is.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store