Feeblemind

Happy Trails Skybytch

that will alleviate the friction between the feet and shoes, but for those whose feet like to blister from friction between toes i recommend injinji toe socks. i use them on my long trail runs, especially the wet ones, and they work great.

PUSSY:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

that will alleviate the friction between the feet and shoes, but for those whose feet like to blister from friction between toes i recommend injinji toe socks. i use them on my long trail runs, especially the wet ones, and they work great.

PUSSY:D:D:D

i thought the same thing but then i kept hearing good reviews so i got a pair. don't knock 'em until you try 'em!

What kind of bear protection and are you using a bear barrel to protect you food or are you hanging it?

Our bear protection is a dog and a can of bear spray (and our naturally loud and exuberant conversation, of course). Canisters aren't required north of Tahoe (which is good cuz they are ridiculously heavy and bulky), we'll be hanging the food.

Any snow and ice crossings left at higher altitudes?

We hope not more than the occasional drift across the trail. We stay below 8000 for pretty much the entire trip so it shouldn't be nearly as bad as the thruhikers are hitting in the high Sierra right now.

Cool.......:)
My plastic bear barrel is light and it keeps the mice out as well.....no fun to eat after mice have gotten into your food.:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

It was great to see Lisa and Mary on Thursday and Friday at Skydance running around all giddy like schoolgirls ... they couldn't WAIT to get on the trail. Looking forward to getting the updates from the field and seeing all the photos when they're done. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke